Hey all, i'm just curious if anyone has a specific workout they have that works and if they wanna share it with people. I know personally its kinda hard to find out online or whatever. Thanks Much

Views: 145

Replies to This Discussion

well it might depend on what your gole is. i do weight and cradeo, with the fire drills that i can think of at any given time.
I work on my core strength and try to functional excercises so I can apply the strength gains to actual job duties. I try to work in cardio 2 - 3 times aweek also.
Check out crossfit.com, it has a workout for each day including rest days. The workouts are a little different sometimes but I have been training with it for a while and love it. I also try to include alot of stretching and yoga.
I love crossfit!! Great funcional fitness. I'm also currently training for a half marathon and a couple of triathlons coming up this summer. Basically whatever you can do that keeps up your strength and cardiovascular endurance, you can't go wrong!! :)
Seeing how you posted this at the beginning of Jan I don't know if you'll ever read it but i suggest looking into Kettlebell training. If you do alot of Stefano's stuff, I'm sure you've heard him mention kettlebells a time or two. for a workout more endurance and cardio-related i suggest checking out http://www.wildlandfire.com/docs/2005/hstraining.htm The workout on the website i gave you might be a little more time consuming though. Hope you get this and hope it helps!
I don't have a particular work out video that I follow, but I like to do a lot of cpat drills. I do these because they are designed to simulate what our bodies go through on the fireground. I also cant say it enough.....
cardio cardio cardio. I would try doing some cpat drills once or twice a week in addition to resistance flexibility and cardio training.

When I was on the Eagle FD, I would don all my gear and do tower laps in the training tower. I would take a hotel pack with me, get all the way to the top, drop it, grab the hose pull rope and lower it back down, decend the stairs with the highrise pack and do that for 45 minutes. With air. I dropped 10 lbs of just water just from doing that.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service