The following two-question test is something I've found helpful for teaching recruits and EMT students how to do better on those multiple-choice certification tests we all love hate so much.

Question 1

The sun is:

A) A planet
B) A moon
C) A star
D) A celestial body that gives off light and heat

Question 2

When playing American football, the most important equipment item is:

A) the helmet
B) the jersey
C) the kicking shoe
D) the team bus

You guys have fun with the thought process, and post your answers.
Once we get some answers up, I'll give the correct answers and explain the rationale.

If you get them both correct, you probably already have good multiple choice test scores.

Some of your posts are pretty insightful, and one of the posters has picked up on a key point for Question 1. Keep this up - there is some good discussion here.

The answers and some teaching points have been posted, but there is still some good discussion going on, particularly about some of the context of Question 2. If you have additional comments or if you disagree with my points, feel free to keep posting.

Views: 330

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1) C
2) A
Ben, WTH? Ok I'll play.
1. A- a planet
2. A-the helmet
I hope you know I studied long and hard on this test. I was up half the night studying. Cranky and tired now!
--------------------------->slowly shakes his head......
Boy I don't know.....let me think on this one, and answer 2 ought to have the cup.....
Jack, aren't you glad this isn't a 100-question test?
o% of 2 is the same as 0% of 100...right?
Something like that, but this is not a math test.
Trainer, I was tempted to put this in the hose-up-the-ladder thread, but thought it would be more appropriate in its own thread.

Now as to your rationale with no answers...{Ben gives a short, evil laugh}
C
A

Lol where did this come from?
The sun is a star, and the most important equipment is the helmet.
1. C the sun is a star

2. D can't play football all by yourself
I answer D to both. The sun is a celestial body that gives off light and heat, and you have to have the bus to get to the team to the game.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service