All Discussions Tagged 'leadership' (58)

Discussions Replies Latest Nation Member Activity

Santa Fe County Chief Resigns, Looks Towards Texas EMS Opportunity

PHAEDRA HAYWOOD The Santa Fe New Mexican Santa Fe County Fire Chief Stan Holden plans to step down Thursday. Holden said he'll be movin…

Started by FFN WebTeam

0 Apr 1, 2011

Omaha Firefighters Union Takes Staffing Issue To Nebraska Supreme Court

TIMBERLY ROSS Associated Press OMAHA, Neb. - After years of wrangling, Omaha is taking a firefighters union to the Nebraska Supreme Court…

Started by FFN WebTeam

0 Mar 28, 2011

Maryland County Seizes Control Of Volunteer Department; Volunteers Claim Retaliation Over Ambulance Issue

WJLA Reprinted with Permission BURTONSVILLE, Md. - In a move that some firefighters said is long overdue, Montgomery County took over oper…

Started by FFN WebTeam

0 Mar 1, 2011
Reply by Vic Silverfish

"Expect Fire" Baltimore. First-Due Boss Clearly Adapts When Local Alarm Becomes Box Alarm

Clear, concise, level-headed communication is one of the best characteristics a first-due officer can have. Especially when the local alarm…

Started by Bill Carey

7 Dec 22, 2010
Reply by Ben Waller

You're Only As Good As Your Last Fire. Or Race.

Simple lessons for firefighting from the horse racing world. When not working I spend a lot of time with horses. You can learn a lot fro…

Started by Bill Carey

0 Dec 18, 2010

FireLine Leadership Courses by MCS

Anyone undertaken the Fireline Leadership course offered by Mission Centred Solutions? http://www.mcsolutions.com/wildland/wl_fireline-lead

Started by lutan1

1 Aug 23, 2010
Reply by Gregory Borg

Leadership Gap?

Are today’s leaders in the fire service adequately prepared for the future? Is there a gap to be filled? What leadership skills and perspec…

Started by Billy Schmidt

2 Aug 8, 2010
Reply by Capt.Jocelyn Chiasson

I'm Not Exactly New, But I Probably Don't Know You

Seeing as there are over 47,000 of you on here now and I got on somewhere around page four or so, I haven't had a chance to meet many of yo…

Started by Mick Mayers

38 Jul 9, 2010
Reply by Paul Montpetit

What Will Be The Most Important Leadership Qualities for the Fire Service in The Future?

A constant theme found in every fire service organization, or any organization for that matter, is the extent to which the economic downtur…

Started by Billy Schmidt

11 Jul 2, 2010
Reply by Billy Schmidt

John Wooden: A real leader; a good person

John Wooden passed away on June 4, 2010. Wooden was a former English professor who coached several successful UCLA basketball teams. He was…

Started by Billy Schmidt

0 Jun 9, 2010

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service