All Discussions Tagged 'fire' (226)

Discussions Replies Latest Nation Member Activity

Did you know that the Storm King Mountain Fire was caused by a Mine Fire?

Many people are not aware that the Stom King Mountain fire was caused by a "Mine Fire". While this type of fire is not common, and requires…

Started by Mike Schlags (Captain Busy) Retd

8 Oct 4, 2012
Reply by Dennis chaney

What do you do to improve your skills and fitness?

With September 11th coming up this week, I decided to blog about firefighter fitness motivation. The blog reviews the firefighter fatality…

Started by Aaron Zamzow

0 Sep 9, 2012

To Workout or Not? When and what type of workouts do you do on shift?

This is a major concern for the fire rescue athlete,.  On one hand we know we should be working out to stay and get fit for duty.  Yet , if…

Started by Aaron Zamzow

0 Jul 29, 2012

How Do You Define Firefighter Fit?

Most people, when asked this question, will normally think about how much weight they can lift or if the are overweight or not.  I argue th…

Started by Aaron Zamzow

9 Jun 1, 2012
Reply by Aaron Zamzow

Smart Meters Are Safe, Report Finds

Energy Safe Victoria has today released its draft report into the safety of Victoria's advanced metering infrastructure (smart meters). Th…

Started by lutan1

0 May 16, 2012

Best Wildland fire boots?

Im just trying to get an idea of what the best wildland fire boots are. Price isnt really an issue, just want to get some boots that will l…

Started by Nick Phillips

18 Apr 20, 2012
Reply by Doug Hutchison

Milton Fire & Rescue needs help

MILTON FIRE & RESCUE P.O. BOX 256 11556 HWY 421 N MILTON, KY 40045 502-268-3016       Date: March 10th, 2012               On March 2nd…

Started by JASON LONG

0 Mar 10, 2012

What is the best song to use for a fire video?

Okay gang, which song do you think is the BEST to use if you were going to make a fire video for YouTube? I've seen a number of tribute vid…

Started by SideCharlie

81 Mar 5, 2012
Reply by Russ

Chief Salka's "Transitional Attack is Whack" Misses the Mark

Chief John Salka recently posted a blog entitled "Transitional Attack is Whack".   The blog and quite a few replies can be found at http:…

Started by Ben Waller

21 Mar 4, 2012
Reply by Nathan Henderson

Call Volume?

Curious to know what everyones call volumes are yearly. My station runs about 1500.

Started by Matt Tolson

62 Jan 29, 2012

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service