Fireground Tactics & Firefighter Safety (557)

Discussions Replies Latest Nation Member Activity

Controversy After Fire Destroys Fulton Residence

There's a hot debate and a potential PR nightmare for the Fulton FD after fire destroyed a residence recently. The property oweners were t…

Started by lutan1

51 Aug 20, 2008
Reply by lutan1

Firefighters Help Overseas "We have to help"

This made me sick to watch. How does the Government just not protect these guys? http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=60096&a

Started by Shawn McMahon

1 Aug 19, 2008
Reply by Brian Dumser

Critical need for RIT teams

In southern Rhode Island there aren't really any thoroughly trained RIT teams that I am aware of. I think a neighboring department are call…

Started by Engineco913

51 Aug 16, 2008
Reply by lutan1

Da Chief vents...

... and I don't mean as a firefighting procedure. I started this as a blog but decided to post it on forums. Stay safe out there Brothers…

Started by Da Chief - Jim O'Neill

34 Aug 10, 2008
Reply by Art "ChiefReason" Goodrich

structure fires

i'm relatively new to the fire service and have only worked a couple structure fires due to the majority of our alarms being medical or mva…

Started by jordan

1 Jul 25, 2008
Reply by Tony P

FIREFIGHTER FATALITY REDUCTION LEGISLATION. Whats Your Take?

FIREFIGHTER FATALITY REDUCTION LEGISLATION: This week, U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown (D-OH) along with John Kerry (D-MA) introduced legislatio…

Started by Devil Doc

18 Jul 21, 2008
Reply by Lawrence W

Response Safety Part 2: The Apparatus Driver

Here are the main points I try to cover in our training sessions. What's missing? Apparatus Drivers The emergency vehicle driver must pro…

Started by Joe Stoltz

10 Jul 20, 2008
Reply by Joe Stoltz

Plume Modelling Software

Anyone know of some relatively cheap (or better yet, free!) plume modelling software? Doesn't have to be overly accurate, but wanted to us…

Started by lutan1

3 Jul 18, 2008
Reply by Engineco913

CFA Roll Out New Structural PPE

CFA is about to begin a program to measure operational structural firefighters for the new PPC structural ensemble. This follows the comple…

Started by lutan1

0 Jul 17, 2008

helmet visors and the rules with them

I have purchased a cairnes 1044 with the defender shield on it. The week after I got it I found out the goggles were not up to miosha stand…

Started by mike wright

11 Jul 14, 2008
Reply by Hawk

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service