Brand new local and dealing with some not very discreet retaliation and discrimination mostly aimed at me (the president), but also aimed at a few of the more "on the fence" members and, of course, the other officers.

I need some real suggestions on how to deal with some of this by those of you who have been there before. I am already in touch with our DVP, and I would appreciate honesty from members who have been there and done that.

Thank you!

Views: 108

Replies to This Discussion

Well, I guess it's ok that no one replied with suggestions because I was fired the day after I posted this.

Anyone have open positions for Paramedics in my area?
I would contact the IAFF immediately and any other state organizations that you may have at your disposal. Sounds like you may have one hell of a lawsuit here. The original question was a "hostile work environment" or "unfair labor practices" grievance in my opinion.
I am President of Local 2000 in Howard County, Maryland. Can I assume that you were a local union of the IAFF? If so, I agree with J Brooks; you should call your 10th District Vice-President immediately. The 10th DVP is Jim Ferguson - office number is 415-621-7103. The IAFF has a Guardian Policy. If they review your case and find that it has merit, they will cover the cost of your suit (I believe I have that correct). If you need any more assistance with who to talk to, let me know.
Hey, just an update....

I've been in touch with our DVP, Danny Todd (14th district) and we are looking in to all options at this point. It's been frustrating and difficult to say the least since many offices and things have been closed for the past week and a half due to the holidays and I've struggled to find a new job simply because people had been out of the office and on vacation.

I anticipate great things happening now since our Director was arrested yesterday and charged with theft and fraud. Hopefully the rampant discrimination will stop now.

Thanks for the support and suggestions.
Good. Danny is a good man. Sorry, I thought you were in California (don't know where I saw that) that's why I gave you the 14th district.
Contact the State attorney general's office and file a complaint and make it very clear that you were discriminated against and that you were retaliated against for standing up for YOUR rights and tell anyone who threatens you the same.

I did this to the Superior FD for firing me unjustly and if they saw the shitload of evidence against them, they would flatline. I mean seriously. They have no idea who they pissed off.

Give the state a call.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service