Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I'm on week five of my plan and I weigh in/measure on Monday.

So far, I've been walking and doing body weight exercises daily with a modified Combat Challenge type workout on duty days (every third day).

I started week one off by consuming 1200 calories daily, drinking TONS of water and limiting sodas. I lost eleven pounds and spent about two days doing number two cuz I had tons of garbage built up in my system/

By my second week, I had found the website that I posted before and I started working out. I've increased my intake to about 1600 calories daily, three main meals with smaller snacks every few hours. Still keeping the sodas limited, but sometimes I'll have two diet pepsi max a day.

Lots of stretching, too. I try to stretch before bed and when I wake up. I'm having few back problems and I had a pesky shoulder that seems to be doing much better. My right heel was starting to hurt, but since I've dropped some more weight that only flares up occassionally.

My weight loss has stabilized, I lost three pounds last week and its looking like another three this week. I've lost three inches off my waist, about that off my chest and an inch off my hips.

I am not posting this to show off. I just want to show that I'm doing simple stuff that doesn't cost a dime and I'm getting results. I spent years putting this off and whining about not being able to afford a gym, etc. But, I've found some good guidence on my webgroup and I feel like I needd to pass this on to others. My workouts are posted on the Spartan Workout website, but if anyone is interested I can post them here too.

Stay safe

Views: 59

Replies to This Discussion

Ride 10-15 miles to work every shift. So thats pretty much every day on a 24/24 schedule. Do a little more on K day.
we are starting a combat challenge style program at the station, so that will be my strength work. Have about 1500 miles on the bike since I started commuting in June.
I have been going in and out of my routine as it seems my schedule is so thrown off, so I have decided to start taking classes so that I am forced into a schedule. As sad as it sounds, right now I think I need the group effort to get me back into a regular routine. I still ride my bike a lot or walk to almost everywhere I go. Soccer just ended too, so I wont have that activity. It is just hard trying to keep up with school, work, and help my son through homework and various extracurricular activities..lol I keep thinking I can just commit to a certain time to work out, and it goes fine until I stay up til 2 am doing homework, or my son is up all night with congestion. Then I get off routine and it is hard to get back. I am thinking if I make a commitment to a group then it will be sorta like my school or work in that I have invovled other people so I wont let them down, and as a result I wont let myself down either..LOL sounds spineless I know... sigh :o)

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service