what has been the worst call you been on if you don`t feel like saying just write a call that you have been on that was bad

Views: 414

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Honestly... I don't consider any of my calls all THAT bad. I've never encountered something equivalent to child genocide or anything...

But the other week we got a call for a seizure for a 50-year-old male. When we got there he was responsive, talking... but he was in definite pain and couldn't walk. By the time we got him on the stretcher and carried him outside he was non-responsive and drooling.

I drove him to the hospital, ALS going on in the back. When we got to the hospital they put him in the trauma center. Anyway, I believe the guy passed away that day. It's just weird how someone can be responsive and talking one instant and then nearly lifeless the next.

Of course the family was at the hospital sitting outside of the trauma center crying, which didn't make it too much easier.
Mine was that one involving that one guy at that one place. You know, I was there and the other guys were there. Good times!!! Goooood times!!!
Travis, Once you start your firefighting career and see some of the "bad things", you will understand that once you do, the last thing you want is to relive them.
Any fire past the 2nd alarm
I thought you were on that call with me!
Anytime a life is lost, I consider it to be a bad call.
I agree give it a rest Travis until you get out of the jr ff stage
I will agree with Melissa. Anytime a life is lost would be a bad call.
More like venison lol ;-)
There was the time we were returning from a call, late Saturday night when there was a loud bang/impact to the engine. The driver hit the brakes and pulled it off to the side of the road. We all got out to see if there was any damage and to our surprise, pinned to the front of the engine was this absolutely huge, white rabbit. Stone cold dead on impact with the engine, a giant basket clenched in his still-warm paws. Beneath the engine and for a good distance behind us was a trail of candies, colored eggs and peeps, as far as the eye could see.
We scrapped the rabbit of off the grill and took it back to the house where we had Hossenpheffer for breakfast. The candies and peeps made a great desert.
It's 2009, the color of peeps shouldn't matter. I prefer the yellow, no offense to the pinks. Have you ever had Hossenpheffer? Awesome.
oh the humanity, oh how tender

no peeps were injured

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service