ANOTHER FINE DISPLAY OF PROFESSIONALISM.

Views: 2724

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Millions?

A bit of an exaggeration, don'tcha think?
I personally can not see what the big deal about a shirt or a sticker is.... They are exactly that, shirts and stickers. Every day Joe could walk in to a store and buy one.... so I do not see how it makes the entire firefighting field look bad. Think about it I can walk into a shop and buy a shirt that says "Police, FBI, CIA, and my favorite Undercover Cop", now say I were said shirt to rob a bank or steal a car or something.... does this now mean the entire field of work stated on my shirt looks bad now? I think not. In my opinion, to look at this in disgust just means you are to uptight. Professionalism is a manner of behavior and of one who engages in an activity suiting there field of work. Granted wearing a shirt like this is childish but it also shows a sense of humor which apparently not to many people here have. I just say lighten up and relax, yet this is just my opinion take it how you will.
Well I think we've just received the final word on having a sense of humor....thanks for that, Dave.
Really....think about the amount of fireman who attend FD conferences, and classes at the NFA every year....its definetly in the millions.

Bottom line is alot of people do it, I think its worse than some generic t-shirt. Everyone knows fireman drink beer and chase women.....why fight it. I cant begin to tell you the amount of disputes setteld by a beer or two at a local pub.
Only wackers wear t-shirts like this
a sense of something anyhow. Not sure its humor though.
Putting aside the argument as to how professional or not this is, not a single one of you uptight folks have given any thought to how true the statement is. I agree, as a whole, our society has no sense of humor, at all. Way too many uptight people in this country. But chicks do in fact love firefighter dick. So go enjoy yourselves gentlemen.
Everyone knows fireman drink beer and chase women.....

So.... what are you doing to dispel that myth?

Yup.. just as I thought.... not a damn thing.
Whackers who have to wear an "omar the tentmaker" sized T shirt stained with whatever they ate earlier in the day and carry their portable radios on their belts even though they are a hundred miles awayfrom their "department".... or my favorite.... the whacker with a class B uniform shirt, a Billy Gibbons ZZ top beard and bib overalls that are big enough to fit an engine company into...
I'm all for the funny. . . even more so when it's self deprecating humor. . . this is just crass.
Thank you, I knew I could not be the only one here that sees this.... Oh and here is another shirt for you all.

I think the person who thinks that because a firefighter wears this and is making a fool of the fire service is way too anal.I could see if you are sitting around the hall on shift or at a scene wearing it that is one thing but I walk around on the weekend not at work than to each his own.Don't matter what you say,do,wear on this planet your gonna upset someone so unless we all go live in our own little bubble not everyones gonna be happy.To each there own!!!
We went to a fire muster one year and our team shirts were from Black diamond fire boots which which said "Central Dispatch Hell is out ,Station 18 back at the hall and available for service" and a bunch of people were so offended by the shirts they put an article in the home town paper we were in.I myself failed to see the problem but other people did.So if some people get upset they get upset nothing you can do there's just a time and a place for certain stuff.Common sense must prevail when wearing stuff thats all!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service