this is a discussion about if you think rather 2 departments should be called for an auto alarm.

Views: 672

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Depends on the type of building...in a small rural volly area
see i agree with you jim on that i dont see no need to send two departments for an afa.i think that if you pull up and theres a fire then call in for other departments.
i mean John. sorry i dont know where i got jim from. its been a long day
Is that directed towards me? If so, who said anything about not using lights and sirens?
cap,

Yes, that was almost certainly directed at you. I believe it's a reference to your comment that you don't get dressed for alarm system responses. (Which, for most departments, is not considered to be optional any more than lights and sirens). Having said that, I know exactly what you mean.
I actually think that comment was directed towards me. (See above post).. about the one city dept. near me, and how they respond.
To answer strtcopr's question, or whatever it was... statement..
It is either an emergency or it isn't Says WHO?

What do you know about the other city's response procedure and their union etc? I am just stating thats how they do it.
im sure it wasent towards you man.
Only 4 things to get dressed for Boxs, Tactical Boxs, Rescue Alarms, and the Cold.
In LAFD, we run a Light-force (truck and pump/ 2nd engine...confusing, google explains it)
this is 12 guys including captain as IC.

Now, the station I worked at borders 3 other cities; the City of Beverly Hills, Culver City, and the City of West Hollywood.
Depending on the location of the call 2 or 3 of the departments will respond. One Auto Alarm we had was reported by Beverly Hills Police. Beverly Hills PD was conducting a late night traffic stop when the noticed the fire alarms in the 3 story office building across the street. They radioed it in. Beverly Hills then contacted LAFD because the building was on OUR side of the street. We got dispatched and then Beverly Hills sent one of their engines as well.
We had another one where 3 departments responded. The alarm was going from a building that was at the intersection where LA, Beverly Hills, and W. Hollywood all come together. We got dispatched out as an auto alarm, LA County Fire Dept got dispatched out as a reported structure and Beverly Hills FD got dispatched as a electrical fire. The building itself was in Los Angeles. So...because of the confusion, the responce was; LAcityFD, LAcountyFD and Beverly Hills Fire. It turned out to be a flase alarm. We were first on scene and had no idea that BHFD or LAcounty was responding. When everyone else showed up, there was a little confusion, but everything got worked out. Turned out that the alarm company had notifed us, but neighbors from across the street saw the flashing lights and called the FD (LAcounty). We still have no idea what Beverly Hills was doing there.

It all depends. Sometimes we roll alone, sometimes it 3 different departments. We always do a lightforce (except within the UCLA campus) because that is a 12 man team automatically, and its a truck and engine.

hope this helps.
All of the usual variable's apply such as bldg. type,manpower,type of equipment responding etc.But the first due goes on a red with m/a on a white until confirmation of an active fire at which time m/a can upgrade.This would decrease the chance's of an accident d/t going thru red light's and passing other vehicle's.
it also depends o nthe resources avalible. in a huge city like Los Angeles, probably not. but things happen
It all depends on the type of structure, the frequency of alarms at this address, and available manpower.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service