Should All FD have the same color turnouts? What color do you prefer?

Hey Y'all
Should all FD have the same color turnouts? If so, what color?
Also, what color turnouts do you prefer?
What do you think works better; black, yellow, silver, orange...ect?

Views: 2120

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My dept. has all black, and yes I believe all turnout gear should be the same color on a dept. what ever color you choose is up to the dept. but as long it is the same UNIFORMED.
Hey andrew bayless if they do get dirty it is because you screwed up
Is there any color other then Black? As to there being one color for all Departments absolutely not! Its a matter of preference and choice. As to one color for a Department? If you can afford to maintain one color by all means. What works for me dosnt necessarily work for others. We have Black turn-out with Yellow Glow-flex triple trim. We have continued this color for 20 years now. I prefer them because of the fact that they always look clean, and professional.
Well we use the duck brown PBI Kevlar mix at both my jobs. I am not so sure we all need to have the same color turn outs, but I do believe it would greatly benefit all agencies if a standard was put on helmet color including rank. If this was standard across the nation we would have no trouble mutual aiding in to other districts & recognizing officers. Working with a FEMA USAR team we go throughout the nation & work hand in hand with F.D.'s so we see it all. But hell FEMA can't even get a standard color.
I keep looking for Neon Pink, but can you believe they don't make it???

We are still wearing black gear although there are a couple with the tan. If I can't have pink it doesn't really matter much to me what color we're wearing.
Ben!!! You truly are my hero!! And a man with the same (sick?, twisted?) sense of humor! I answered the same color *smile* (before I had read through the answers)
Think Pink!

I think the more important point is not so much the color but to ensure that people not only wear their PPE, they were it the right way including use of a hood, wristlets and enclosing yourself in the protective shroud of nomex. With that said, it's just as important to look the same. Having a myriad of colors makes no sense as pointed out by Lutan earlier.

If we have to choose a color using preference, then why not support Breast Cancer research and go pink? October 2009 is the next Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Plan ahead and do something good...
sweet pink bunker gear!!!! hell i think this would be the only pink this i would wear..... hahahaa
alot of times its a money thing, i've been on depts that only had gear because another dept got new stuff and donated the old to others.
color dont matter, what matters is if it does the job. as i replied to a aussie on this topic; Money is usually the matter. our dept recieved a grant in 03 i think for new gear, I was messered but the gear did not fit me correctly so i wore it for awhile but had to becareful because the coat was big and the pants were short, now several years later we have other members that my gear fits perfectly and we had some other gear that was donated and i found gear in that pile that fits me alot better. for one thing I can crawl on my knees and not have my pant cuffs come over my boots. Now this gear is a slightly different color and the reflective striping is slightly different, is it really wrong for me to switch out when the fit and price are so right. okay i shut up now
Now that is too cool!
HOT PINK FOR ALL LOL JK

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service