you can post some of your favorite fire fighter or fire related quotes here, mine is

"I am just another fireman because the story focuses on Joaquin Phoenix's character, but I play Joaquin's close friend and I get burned up a little bit, but I don't die.
Morris Chestnut"

if you could supply the author it would be greatly apreciated

EDIT:-10.17.08- non fire fighter quotes are also excepted,
EDIT:11/26/08 dont forget to add me

Views: 12102

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

6-22

6 months on the job / 22 years experience. FDNY
i hear that i was on one of my town's engine companies riding officer to an AFA (we knew it was bs because we've been there at least twice within the past month). We had a crew of 3 (driver, myself and the nozzle man). We got on scene i gave the initial report and assumed command. Another firefighter was already on scene (responded in his work truck), so I immediatly gave him a portable and let him run the scene where my partner and myself investigated this maze of a warehouse. So I stepped up to the plate, took charge of the scene for 5 seconds then took charge of my crew.
My best ball buster to the cops I'm friends with in my town "We don't need you here, Dunkin Donuts is a few blocks the other way."
TRY BEFORE YOU PRY
"I want a roll call. I don't give a shit about the building. I give a shit about the guys" FDNY command at Deutsche Bank Fire. 8/18/2007 radio transcript.

I doubt that anyone wouldn't want to work for this chief.
Where there's smoke there fire..........Where beer there's FIREMEN.............
"we knew it was bs because we've been there at least twice within the past month".

Kevin-
Thou shalt never assume. Just because you were there twice already doesn't mean that this time isn't the "big one"!
Well I also left out the fact that communications told us that PD on scene reported that there were workers on the roof and possibly hit a wire... I have got to stop leaving out details like that.
I don't know why they would shake their heads, you were telling them how it started.
a to the men on that one. I'm testing with pfd next year.
:)
"some guys in this job, the fire owns "em. It makes "em fight it on it's own level.
If you want to defeat it you gotta learn to think like it."

It's a living thing, Brian, It eats it thinks, and it Hates.

Backdraft
HOOYAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service