I know sometimes its optional. Actually I would like to know what everyone does with their gear. Do you keep it at the station, leave it in your vehicle or at the back door for all to trip over?

Views: 505

Replies to This Discussion

My gear is kept at the station. I do however have a spare set in my trunk in case i'm out and respond to one of our other stations so I don't have to use someone else' gear. People tend to get a little pissed when you use their gear and don't put back the way they had it(I haven't done this!).
we keep our gear in station if were responding from a distance we usually call station and tell them if there short handed to put our gear on truck and meet them at scene
Hello all! We have strick rules about going direct because we never know how many people will show. Therefore, we leave our gear at the station. I have taken it with me using a gear bag which makes it very nice on occation. I only live about two blocks from our station so I'm normally there first anyway.
I do a combination- I live a block from the station. I keep my pants and boots with a t-shirt right by the front door at all times. The only calls we can go direct to are medicals- and that is the uniform for such.

If we get a fire, I put on my boots, get to the station- grab my coat and helmet and jump in the engine. By the time we get there I am fully dressed and there is no bouncing around in the bay trying to get bunkers on when we're in a hurry.
i leave my gear at the station next to the truck when im up there but if im not it is in the rack
i got a gear bag online and keep my gear in there. before i leave for work or school in the morning i put my stuff in the back seat of my car so if my pager goes off i have my stuff ready. when im at home i keep it inside
Always in my car since I found a dead mouse in the botom of the boots last time I left my gear in the station
Well most of our members have only one set and they keep it in station. We made our own gear racks.
I keep my gear at the station because I respond apparatus 99% of the time. I do have a spare set and an extrication jumpsuit that I keep in a box in the back of my truck for those odd times when I do go to the scene or come up on something.
In my Department Most of us store Our Gear in Our Equipment Rig (See attached Photos)... a handful of guys live along ways from the station and respond with it in there personal car...
Attachments:
i keep my on me at all times cause you never know when your gonna get that tone for a call so i keep my in the back of my truck or when its raining its in the back seat
Here in Hawaii, the county budget is incredibly limited. Many of ny fellow FF's have gear that is in my opinion, unservicable, under NFPA guidelines. My wife and I sponsored our own, which is nicer than what the county offers by a good bit. I wanted us to be the safest we could, so I went with top of the line gear, including leathers. The gear stays at our home unless we go to town, then it is in the vehicle with us. It is better to keep it out on the porch for all to trip over so it doesn't mold in the bag, mold is a real issue here. And trip over it we do, but I am working on a cabinet for it to live in. We are only about 45 seconds from the fire station, so grabbing gear and going doesn't slow us down enough to make a difference.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service