I am 6'10" and have a size 40 inseam.

I was just curious because I have walked into ceilings in some of the smaller houses in my community. My Chief hates to order my bunker gear because the factory calls back over and over again to make sure they are making the right size. And last but not least, it is hard as hell to find clothing, station uniforms and boots that fit me.

Just wondering if anyone else had this problem or something similar to it, or is it just me?

Views: 421

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am not 6' 10, but I am 6' 6" in my gear, with helmet on maybe a little taller. It does become a pain in the butt, but it is something I have grown used to. My PPE is custom ordered like anyone elses. With a lot of old homes (1700's and 1800's) in my area, (boy they must have been REALLY short) I have cleaned my own clock more than once. We worked a working fire Mutual Aid where the ceiling height on the second floor was 5' 6" and the hallway was only 2' 4" wide. It happens, just need to be more vigilant
Dude I'm 6'5" and you're a freak.Just kidding.There has been several times that my head hit ceiling fans(while they were on of course).We are the ones they call to reach the unreachable parts that unregular people can't get to."Can you get that off the top shelf for me"or" can you change that light bulb so I don't have to get a ladder".Being a normal has it's advantages.Chicks like tall firefighters.I imagine there are quite a few of us in the service that are over 6'.Maybe we can start a fraternity of regular sized firefighters.Be safe
i'm 6'0" but yes it's hard fo rme to fit into gear cause i'm much smaller than all the guys that are 6'0". i also have to get a mask special ordered cause my head is so damn small! and in order for me to keep my helmet on i have to ratchet it all the way tight since i have a small head, and it kinda cuts the clood flow off just a bit!i also have a problem keeping scba on! the tightest the straps will go is still way too loose on me, so its extra work to tow it around since i cant have it sit on my hips all the weight hangs off of my shoulders!
Yeah they hate ordering size 14 boots for me but what I have noticed over time is my bunker pants are shrinking??? anyone know why???lol
Its called chest and drawers syndrome.(your chest is fallin in your drawers)LMAO same here bro we aint gettin any younger
Wow! just figured you all would like an update....
I just received another call from the factory wanting to make sure that my pants length is 40. I am the only one in this entire area whose bottom reflective stripes are at my shin, because they add 10 inches to the bottom for my bunker gear....LOL
I walked into a residence on shift yesterday and when I walked into the front door everything was very apparent I had made a house of midgets. I had to be on my knees in the front room working on checking out the patient. I couldn't even try and stand up.
I just ordered a new pair of work boots and was told that the factory was going to have to specially make them.. another month added onto delivery time... come on people its only a 15.

Well enough ranting for now, better run
Oh I forgot the best yet, got responded to an injured child inside of a jumping balloon that was the smallest one I have ever seen in my entire life. I was half way in and half way out of it. It was hillarious to see like my last vehicle extrication/ rescue. I will see if I can find the training photo to post. I am half way in the vehicle, the only thing you can see is my legs sticking out of the window. I will try and post it soon.
My chest is 47 inches from bodybuilding for 7 years before getting into fire, i have trouble finding a shirt that will fit around my arms and my chest. Thats the only problem i have.
Don't feel bad....I am 6'6" and 310 lbs.....I had to wear my old gear here at my new Station until I got my new stuff....Now my new stuff it's not new anymore...Only had that stuff for about 5 months....Boots are hard to find too....I don't go to the attic....I don't do tight spots....I'm just to big....My coat size is a 58 with 38 inch sleeves....So I am big and tall....It kind if sucks at points....I get stuck with the highrise pack all the time.....That is 200 ft of 1 3/4 with bag, spanners wrenches, gated wye and a nozzle....That muh sucka will kick your ass everytime....
I'd have to say that most women are oddly sized. I came across this in ordering gear since my previous dept didn't customize the order beyond the basic "size 42 coat" . We have BOOBS and HIPS that don't fit the same into gear as the guys do.

But hey, in my opinion "ODD", "UNUSUAL", "WIERD"... it's all great, who the hell wants to be normal???
ya i hear ya.. but mine isn't as dramatic as yours.. i'm 6'2" and 280lbs.. soo.. the sleeves to my jackets are to short and pant are to.. at least the ones i want to zip or button up are.. there can be several exposed areas dependent on my movements... seems like lot of gear is made for short heavier people or they are for tall thin ones...
I am 6' 2" and I have a 18.5" neck. Around here with my height my bunker pants are usually to short. And my dress shirts I can't button my top button. Otherwise I choke myself. But if I order a shirt that the collar fits the rest is so big that it looks bad. My first of bunker pants my wife thought I was helping Noah.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service