ok what colors of helmets does your dept use and what do they mean?????? My dept uses White,Red,Black,Yellow,Blue,and Orange. White= Chief Red= Captain Black= Lt Yellow= firefighter Blue= Safty Orange= Rookie

Views: 44511

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

White-Chief
Red- Assistant Chief,Captain,1st LT,2ND LT
Black-Engineer,Fire Police Captain,Fire Fighters
The red helmets have rank written on the plackerd
At Lockheed Martin Fire Dept: White=Chiefs Red=Captains Black=firefighter

At Benbrook Fire Dept: White=Chiefs Black w/Red shield=Capt or LT Black w/black shield=firefighter
We only use 2 colors....Yellow and whits....all the Chief's wear white...everyone else wears yellow....Paul
My department uses white and black helmets and then different colors of numbers. White with red numbers = Officer, Black with yellow numbers = Equipment Operator, Black with white numbers = Hoseman
White- chief and asst
Black - captains
Red- FF
Yellow- Explorers
We keep things simple
White = Chief (Deputies included)
Red = Captain
Yellow = Firefighter
my department has the best way to understand. FIRE CHIEFS:white- Capt.-red,Lt's black- firefighters-yellow.
My old department was Fire chiefs -white capts-black-Lt's yellow-firefighters-red.
white: chief /asst. chief/ fire marshall
red: captians
yellow: lieutenant
black: firefighter
Our Departments helmet hierarchy is pretty easy to remember...

White: Thats the chiefs helmet.
Yellow: Everyone else wears the yeller.
Black: Those are the REALLY old helmets you grab as a last resort lol
In Westmoreland we use Chief and Asst Chief-white with gold, Capt.- white with red, Lt's - red , FF's - black
Structural
Chief and Asst. Chiefs(2) : White
Capt. and Lt's. : Red
FF: Black
Rookies: Yellow

Wildland
Same as above except FF wear Yellow. These are separately issued along with Forest Service style PPE.
Your talking about NFPA standards or recommendations. Ours are Cairns 1044 traditionals, Black.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service