I'm short only 5'3 and i seem to have a hard time with suspenders fiting right. can anyone recomend a good brand or size or suspenders that seems to work on short people lol..

Views: 154

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would get some heavy fish line run it thru a needle and sew them up to where you need them to go.. fold them and sew... I use fish line for alot of things ... Strong... Maybe odd thing to say but does work
I have leather suspenders which have the belt buckle clasps on them. You can cinch them down a lot to get to your size. Boston Leather has a real nice pair. I've had them for about 4 years now and I really like them
Good idea Anne, but what if it melts? How 'bout nomex thread? Just an idea.
First, just use cotton thread. Second, I have and sell the Boston Leather ones, they cannot be modified enough for you....sorry. Last, I think Garanimals may make suspenders...lol
Lion Apperal makes suspenders to fit shorter people. The thing I like about them are they are adjustable with the pull of a d-ring.
That is funny..lol
I hear you on this issue. I am on the opposite end of the spectrum. At my height, it is harder at times (depending on suspender company) to find suspenders that give me enough room to function and not turn my Bunkers into a pair of shorts. lol
Many a pair I have had to stretch out to make fit until I could get a better pair. Nature of the beast.
OK...I just can't hold it in any longer....LOL.....You could get suspenders in the kids department......LOL....Sorry I know it isn't nice to make fun of "Vertically challenged" people......I have to ask though.....is there much smoke and heat down there when you go in...?? Do you have to crawl like normal people..? Oh, I AM BAD today.....LOL...Guess I had better go get some sleep.....Have a great day....Stay safe and always remember to keep the faith......Might be back SHORTLY.......Paul
Nomex isn't as strong.. We've found that using the "spider line" fishing line is the best. It doesn't breakdown in heat and is A LOT stronger than the nomex thread.
no problem buddy your post is funny actually.. thanks for everyones help i had to ask because my suspenders are to long and my captain says if i need to make them tighter i can use duck tape
If this line melts under your coat, this will be the last thing you will have to worry about.
Thanks Paul! I nearly spit my coffee all over my computer...LOL

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service