I was just curious as to know which brand of pack everyone prefers. Tell which one and why. To get started I like ISI, and maybe because thats what we use and I have always used but i like it.

Views: 672

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We use Scott down here, thats all I have ever used and I really like it. I am hoping that we upgrade to the NXG7 soon on it.

FF Schoen
Currently, we have and have had for 20 years Interspiro SCBA's. The department I worked for prior used Scott's and I still believe that they are the best. Not only that, but aren't they an American company as well. I think we need to support USA businesses and keep our money here at home...
We use MSA packs. I have been in fires with guys with scott packs and they do nothing but fog up. Is anyone else noticing that? My msa has never fogged up on me.
both my paid and volunteer dept. use scotts as do most of the surrounding vol. dept. when i first started in the fire service we still used the old steel draager bottles so i would say anything is better then those!
I like Scott and MSA, but out of the 2 I love Scott, they've come a long way and finaaly got it figured out:)
We replaced our packs a couple of years ago. Prior to choosing, though we all wanted and wound up with Scott, we evaluated Scoot, MSA, Drager, ISI, Survivair and Interspiro. Immediately we went to Scott and MSA since our area is all Scott and MSA. Then we went back and looked the the others and still came back to MSA and Scott. The overall useability was superior. However, Scott has a ton of advantages.
1. Complete interchangeability back to 1972 with parts, except the NXG7
2. Much simpler design
3. Voice amp is not part of the mask and can be cleaned and protected much easier.
4. Field servicing is simple.
5. Much easier to figure out in the dark, even for guys that had never used them.

MSA has one distinct option that is different from everyone else. They developed the RIC connection on the back of the packs. All packs have them now to transfill a downed firefighter from your RIT pack. THe MSA pack can use it to fill each other packs as well. They are the only ones that can have the two way valve.
I'm with you, mike! We've used Scott's since I've been here. In fact, when I first got on the Dept. we had the big orange "Johnny & Roy" cylinders! Now we've got the nice wrapped cylinders, 4500psi, lightweight, etc. I agree, we should spend our money right here in the U.S. (No offense intended to our foreign Brothers). Stay safe!
my area we've only used msa's. i want to try a scott though, for sure. our neighboring county to the south uses those, and the only problem is when we have to connect to one of them with our packs. it's only a one-way valve, so they can suck all my breath out, but i won't be able to get anything from them if i need help :( i think that should be made a standard. all packs, regardless of brand, should be able to be leashed to each other in case of an emergency.
just my 2 cents.
We have Dragers, Scott, and MSA
i like the scott and MSA
i got word the other day that we are suppose to experiment/ test a new brand of SCBA. They are telling me thst the unit will weigh 6 lbs!!! I will have to post pics if and when we get them. Dont know much more on them at this time.
My Co. has ISI, but I would much rather have scott

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service