As most of you know, Hurricane Gustav is headed right for the City of Houma (Terrebonne Parish). I as a firefighter for the city of houma, i started my regular shift this morning but shortly was called after informing us that all three crews will be in the station by noon. Im not sure how things will end up but we will be taking this one head on. We are prepared and ready of what ever will face us. Im sure that worst case senario, we will probably need assistance in rescue operations but all I can say is we are prepared for the worst, but hopeing for the best. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers, and wish us the best.

Views: 175

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You are all in my prayers...stay safe....
I will be in Church tomorrow, will be saying a prayer
for you and your co-workers. When you get to work,
make sure you guys and gals (if any), get together and
Pray. Keep the Lord Jesus Christ watching over you!
It's been interesting to see the very different response from not only agencies and government departments but also residents to this storm. Very, very different to Katrina.

Whilst I hope it doesn't happen, it would be interesting to see how FEMA handle it if it does similar damage to Katrina.

Good luck Gump!
You are in our prayers but if you need help holler and we will have a crew come a running .
Good luck to you and your brothers and sisters. Just remember help is on the way already part of our ems strike team left friday to stage for you guys and the rest are just waiting to be told to go. hopefully we'll see you posting here again in a few days.
I hope that you guys stay safe down there. It looks like you are almost going to take a direct hit from this one by the looks of the present track. You will all be in our prayers. You will not be alone for long on this one as most of the country is already mobilizing to assist you. Just remember to keep your heads down & watch for flying gators ! :)
Stay safe guys!! Lets hope people recall Katrina 3 years ago and get out and head inland!! When the storm hits you will probably not have phone or internet, but please update the site when you can.
You all are in my thoughts and prayers, stay safe out there brothers and sisters:)
On friday afternoon the EMS Strike Team from District 5 in northeastern Pa. left with several units with orders from FEMA to stage out north of Mississippi for response after the storm.
It is good to see that the right lessons were learned from the tradigy of Katrina.
Our Prayers are with you guys.
Dan,
If you guys need some teams to come down, my department is willing to come standby if needed. All you have to do is say the word.

Mel
We have people where i work getting ready leave to go down there to help out as we speak. Stay Safe. yall are in our prayers
well iam fixen to head down there on a crew with the feds

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service