While this post is mostly just to get FFN points...

I was just wondering if anybody else sees the painfuly obvious (humor) in some of the pages we get.

Case in point, we get toned last night and dispatch sez: "Engine 3, respond emergency traffic to (patient address) concerning 64 y/o male with end stage emphysema...(get ready)...patient states he has difficulty breathing..."

Views: 171

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey, get this. We had a run with "pt. severed fingers with saw" the run coded out as bravo with the ambo running no lights to the scene( the fire dept. runs hot, though) the pt. was transported to the hospital. The severed fingers were then run into the hospital signal 10. go figure.
"While this post is mostly just to get FFN points..."

Well your being honest...lol

TCSS,
Cat :o)
"respond to (patient address) 48 yo female, worst headache EVAARRRRR!" .... the way it was said just had me cracking up :)
now thats a good one
Our local EMS Unit got dispatched by 911 to a call last year from someone stating they believed they had broken their toes. Unit 1 responded to the call and said they would "be enroute to the broken toes call (at the patients address)", when Unit 2 replied over the radio to Unit 1 and said, "Let us know if you need the tow (toe) truck!!!.
We responded to a CO detector call last winter. Since our 4-gas detector was out of service I requested one of our neighboring departments to respond with theirs.

Dispatcher: "Honeoye, Bristol is requesting your CO-TWO detector..." They showed up after a while, still doubled up with laughter.
i have heard that one here
some people just want attention because they have no one else
Now that's CLASSIC!
As a young child my favorite thing to do was listen in on the fire phone in my Uncle's house.
Small town, long before central dispatch, so there was a phone at the station anyone could pick up and report a fire, it rang in a couple businesses as well as several houses of fire officers.
I hear 3 clicks of people picking up and the nthe Assistant Chief answers from his home to

"Got a Fire Come'a'Runnin!""

Before the AC can ask the caller anything he hangs up. Luckily it was one of those look for the "column" fires and they got to it quickly.

But the call...
Our dispatch is always caling us out for "the activated CO-two detector...no one feeling ill".
We had a crusty old dispatcher who, after the sixth or seventh time he had to give out the address of the fire, would say:

"Go up to Grimble Road, turn right and keep going till you see smoke!"

or "Drive east on County Road 32 and it's the only house on fire!"

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service