10. DAMN that uniform!
9. they find it hot and leave it wet
8. they're good and trained in mouth to mouth
7. anyone that can carry their hose over their shoulder has something goin for them
6. they can quickly and efficiently solve any problem
5. they always maintains their umm . . . . apparatus
4. you know he is in damn good shape
3. we'd run in for you when everyone else would run out
2. You know they can sweep you off your feet
1. not many can say…
This brings me to the night of December 27, 1983. I was a pretty new firefighter. At 20:23 hours, a full assignment was dispatched to North Division & Grosvenor streets. The three engines, two trucks, rescue and 3rd Battalion were responding to a report of a large propane tank leaking in a building. Engine 32 arrived and reported nothing showing, but they were talking to some workmen from the four-story, heavy-timber warehouse (approx. 50' x 100'). Truck 5, Engine 1 and BC Supple arrived…Continue
You know you are a firefighter when:
1. You can tell what type of fire it is by the smell of smoke 10 miles away.
2. You have ever had a heated debate over the color of fire trucks.
3. You have ever spent 10 min trying to force open a door only to have someone come along and open it by turning the handle.
4. You have ever taken 10 or more showers in 1 day.
5. You have ever been airborne without an aircraft and water was your…