I know with every pt I treat, I give them the compassion and care like the care we are showed by our God. Its amazing how some people I have worked with ignore the pt emotions and just tx the issue.

Views: 242

Replies to This Discussion

You're right, It is amazing how many of my co-workers don't have much- if any- compassion for those that we try to help. I admit, sometimes I get frustrated too, but I try not to take it out on my co-workers or callers or responders.
Compassion is easy on a call, but I am a little ashamed that I rarely share my faith on a call. I rather envy the evangelical Protestants that will immediately grab a hand and begin praying. I just can't do that.

However my involvement with several critical ill infant births has instilled an immediate need for a priest and baptism. One of those babies is in a class with one of my children and both of the parents have shared how important that the sacrament was for them at that time- especially when they had not thought of it.
I dont Prolytherize, but I do carry my Rosary Beadswith me at all times, I wear a St Florian Medal, And I have been known to cross myself on the way to a call. I dont "Push it" on people, but I dont make my faith a Secret, either...

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service