Folks,
I have been working with my soon to be 3 YO Yellow Lab. This is my second SAR Dog. I am having a problem getting him through the black plastic tubes. These tubes are used for disaster cert. He places the front in but will not committ the backend to entry. Ihave done the play, food and frustration drives to move forward but haven't found the key. I did not have fear issues with Boomer, so I am allittle frustrated. Any thoughts????

Views: 67

Replies to This Discussion

Have you tried having someone hold him and you climb in the other end to really encourage him to come in there? I had to do that with mine a couple times. He doesn't really have any problems now. Hope things work out for you.
Tried that!! Got the front end in with him reaching but the back legs stayed safe. My next thought is to get a short 4 foot tube and let him try the one, then work up to a 6 foot and so on. I'll let you know how that works.

Mike
Siren,

Thanks for the tip, I will try and get back to you. I think the surface and slipperyness (is that a word?? It is now) is the issue along with Zeus's fear tendencies.

Mike
make it the only way to go...put things on both side of plastic tubes like pallets standing up on both side...maybe
Thanks still working on the issue

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service