So my department has a 4500 gallon tri-axle monster of a tanker that we have given the nickname "the whale." I want to know if anyone has anything bigger. I dont know how to upload a photo from a differant computer but if you check out my page there is a pix of it somewhere. You will notice it (the big white truck) LOL

Views: 4681

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dustin, Our Department has a 5000 gallon tanker. It was a flight-line fuel truck from the Air Force and it was given to us by the Texas Forest Service. We have just recently finished re-furbishing it. We mounted a 500gpm portable pump and a monitor on it, it also has a 12in dump on the rear and it could draft if needed. We also put some hose on it so it is capable of fighting fire if needed, but its primary mission will be tanker operations. I'm sorry that I don't have a picture of it but I will get one soon and post it so that you can see it. If you are interested in how we conduct tanker ops. here in Howard County,let me know, we may not do it the same and I always like to hear how other Departments do things, it can be a learning experience.Our Dept.also has a 3000gal pumper/tanker that you can see on my page.
In Israel, our biggest tanker called "Eshed"-IVECO MAGIRUS 440, 27ton. 12000 liters of water (3170 US gallons) and 1000 liters (264 US gallons) of foam concentrate.
Picture attached
Attachments:
In my department we just bought a 3000 gallon HME tanker we have a trashline, 3 crosslays. 1500 feet of 5 inch hose and two deadlays with 1 dump tank
Not quite sure what you mean by that...
Sounds cool... Is that something that only comes on newer trucks or something you can add to an older one. About how much does it cost?
My department has a few different tankers throughout the districts but we have a county wide semi that is a 10.00 gallon fuel type trailer with six 2 1/2 discharges

Verbena, Alabama Volunteer Fire & Rescue....Tanker 16.
Nothing special...1989 Ford/E-One, 1250 Tank, 300 GPM pump.
5000 gallon tractor trailer
our tanker is 3000 gallons and one of the smallest in the county most others ranging from 3000 to almost 8000 gallons.

We have 2 pumper tankers and one tanker.
Engine 24 is a 1987 Pierce/Arrow with 1250 GPM Pump and 2000 Gallon Water Tank
Engine 224 is a 2001 American LaFrance Eagle with a 1500 GPM pump, 2000 Gallon Water Tank, 30 Gallon Class "B" Tank and 10 Gallon Class "A" Tank
Tanker 2 is a 1996 Freightliner FLD120SD/4 Guys with a 1250 GM Pump and 3000 Gallon Water Tank

Company 2-- We bring the water!!

Some pics are atached
Attachments:
Yes, we are currently building a 4,000 gallon tanker on an '98 cement mixer chassis. 5 of my 12 members are trained and drilled on this truck. Most of our district is country roads, we cover 62 square miles, and our closest hydrants are usually 5-6 miles away, we count on our neighboring fire depts. for back-up with their tankers also. This works out pretty well.
Very Nice looking rigs you have there!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service