Whos a second or third generation firefighter?

Views: 1077

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

im a 3rd generation my grandpa was one in the air force and so was my father and there is probably more before me but not sure.

3rd Generation here. My Grandfather served 35 years and was the Chief for some of that time, my Dad has been on for 26 years and is our current Chief, I've been on for just over nine years and will hopefully someday end up in the position that my Dad currently holds.

My grandfather was a Lt on Chicago FD for 39 years. His family has been on there for generations before him,so I decided to carry it on.

3rd gen for me.  My grandfather and father were vollies on a truck company and I was on an engine company for 5 years.  I'm temporarily resigned due to a lack of vehicle and injury.  I can't wait to get back in though.  I've been out for coming on 3 years now, and i miss it every day.

I always thought I was 1st generation until I did my family tree and I discovered that a Great Great Uncle was a founding member of a company within my department in 1876. I have all girls but my oldest daughter is now a FF.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service