Either we have a lot of members who have been reading without posting or the discussions have almost ground to a halt.
There's plenty to discuss. Click on the News tab and you'll see.
Cities laying off firefighters, closing stations.
Feds are considering cutting federal grant programs that will affect both career and volunteer fire departments.
People are still driving rigs too fast and rolling them.
Seatbelts are still being treated as optional.
Money of fire departments are being stolen or misspent.
Firefighters are setting fires.
Heart attacks, hydrogen cyanide, carbon monoxide, firefighters getting struck at MVAs, firefighters fighting cops, New Haven firefighters won their case, Tommy's drinking again on 'Rescue Me'.
And there isn't anything to discuss?
WOW!

Views: 248

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My computer took a dump, using my kids laptop which I'm just getting use to, and vista sucks, I want my xp.
Give it a little while Trainer.

You just think it sux now. Use for a couple of months, and you'll find you know it does.

Hey a new discussion topic we can beat to death. What kind of OS do you use?
Hey; I'm tryin' hard here to get this camel humping again.
I spend a lot of time writing blog pieces, but I still like the reality of mixing it up in a good old fashioned debate.
From the sound of things, apparently I have no life.
So far this summer, I have put a couple thousand miles on the Road King, played way too many rounds of golf, spent countless hours in the yard and garden with Chopper by my side. My wife has read a hundred books and has taken up knitting.
And yet; I still make time to come here to teach and to learn.
And just to shoot the breeze with my cyber friends.
It's not that hard.
It's not like re-programming the DVD player.
Oh look; I have THREE blogs featured. I think that's a first.
Whew. Guess I can take the rest of the summer off.
For those of you following Jake and Vinnie, the arsonist is about to strike. I have the episode written, but am holding off posting it.
I read an excellent article sent to me by Shannon Pieper on the Ricci case from the IAFC.
And I am reading Glenn Beck's new book, given to me by my Number One Son.
Life is good.
Busy, but good.
TCSS.
Art
My wacker bar flashes brighter than yours....
it sure sounds like you and the wife are retired?
Very funny…besides the vista thing…I’m sittin in my nice office chair, in the kitchen, with the laptop on a stool and my mouse on another stool, hope he gets my computer done today.
Too many rounds...say it ain't so...
Welll....no control got the better of me.
Haven't gone to the memorial yet.
Looks like it will now be between Aug. 31 and Sept. 7.
Unless a Sat/Sun frees up between now and then.
So far, they are booked, but could change at the last minute.
Will keep you posted, though.
Art
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm what color are YOUR helmets?
camel humping again?

Maybe he's tired

Sorry Chief, I just had to
We could resurrect the older discussions - you know, like Jim Seargent's classic "Is it Me?" or some of the others. Bump them up and sit back, and watch the newer members chime in.

I've been pretty much idle on FFN for the past few months; I have expended a lot of time and energy dealing with a disciplinary action, and have to save what's left to carry on the department mission.

And honestly, how many times can one answer questions pertaining to POVs, helmet colors and juniors having pagers?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service