What is it like to be a firefighter i want to know cause when i get out of High School I'm going to join Boston Fire or my Home town fire department  I chase fire truck since i was 5 all ways wanted to be a firefighter

Views: 522

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

my only advice to you is this, join a volunteer department, and see if it's what you want to do. if it fits you, then get your fire classes out of the way in college, that way you can still fight fire and go to school. get your ff1 and ff2, and your emt, it will take time but will work out for you in the end. best of luck young buck
thats not even the question he asked you lol. why you gotta drag him down. just answer his question
Mark:
If you have no experience yet, the best way to go is a volunteer fire department.
Contrary to popular belief by some, there are some very good volunteer departments around.
It will give you an opportunity to take classes, hands-on training, gain real-world experience and knowledge so that someday, you may move to a career in it. I spent my entire career as a volunteer.
Now, I am a fire commissioner.
Once you get your certifications and experience, you may even consider becoming a state instructor.
I know many who were state instructors who went on to become full time and in some cases, went on to run career departments.
Don't get discouraged.
But, you may have to "think a little smaller" to chase your dream.
Good luck.
Why baby him? If he's interested in the job, he should know the truth. I think I actually did help him. Instead of telling him to keep trying and he will get on with Boston, I told him he probably won't if he's not a resident. He should know that and I told him instead of lying. Maybe now he will change how he ends up trying to find a job and it will end up working.
For either one you need to learn how to put a sentence together. Use capitals, commas etc. pay attention is school.
Greg,

You might want to clean this up a little.
"is" really ???
Yes it appears that I shot too soon. My finger got ahead of my proof reader. Dohh!
I looked and the s and the n are not that close together, no believable excuse is available.
LOL It was just funny in a grammar conversation. LOL
Gregory,

Shame on you, hoisted with your own petard. But fear not, the gramer polease have a enkuragin massage, "And in this age of instant messages - speed outweighs process. So you could be a little bit forgiving ??? "
Me thinks you can be forgiven.
Chasing me through the pages - LOL
I will forgive you... and consider releasing you from penance.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service