Ok, so I guess its pretty plain how I feel about the time change. Every year, twice a year,  we go through this baloney of changing our clocks for some archaic Paradigm that no longer is important. Give me your best shot?

Views: 110

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It makes me tired...
Need to put the clocks on one time......either ahead or behind....and leave it alone....I too get tired of it. And Fireyladd......great quote up above.......CHRIS
I take no credit for the quote. However, I agree, just set the time and leave it alone. Once an for all....................
We should all follow Arizona and Hawaii and not change the clocks. Just keep it the same all year round.
I agree. Now! just getting the appropriate person to make this happen????
I have heard some Gov politicians speak about this but no one is willing to make it happen. Too busy fighting over party politics.
Having lived the last three years in a country which does not practice Daylight Savings Time (South Korea), I am very glad to be back to the U.S. where we do practice it.

Nobody claims it makes the day longer, but it does shift DAYLIGHT to the evening hours so more people can take advantage of the DAYLIGHT during the warmer time of year.

While we lived in Korea, it was full daylight at 0400 throughout the summer, but dark by 2000, whereas at similar latitudes in the U.S. it wouldn't be full daylight until 0500 and would stay light out until about 2100, enabling families to enjoy the outdoors later, and use less electricity to light their homes in the evening, while the shifted hour of darkness occurred at a time when most people are still either sleeping, or just getting up to prepare for work.

Korea doesn't practice DST because it is still very much an agrarian society and farmers prefer to do their field work in the early morning before the heat of the day sets in. For similar reason some places in the U.S. also forgo DST such as Arizona and half of Indiana. I have to admit that it is nice to run outside in Tucson at 0400 when it is daylight, but not yet hot.

Cheers!

Greenman
Just a bunch of el toro pooh pooh. I think only one province in canada doesn't change. I say its time for a change!!!! but, on the bright side.. there is ONE good thing about it, sorta kinda, They say people should change the batteries in their smoke detectors the same time as they change the clocks! its something anyway! OH, and for the record.. not selling batteries, or smoke detectors, and not making any personal attacks. just sayng! ;)
Greenman, the clock has absolutely nothing to do with the light of a day. If they left the clocks alone then we all will adjust our lives to suit us whether to be out longer or up earlier. Just leave the clock alone. Thanks for your comments bro
We do adjust our lives to the daylight...by adjusting our clocks, so that our "up time" and "down time" correspond more closely with daylight and darkness which change every single day of the year.

Clocks are merely a tool for accurately measuring the passage of time.

No problem, Stay safe.

Greenman
Here in Oregon all smoke detectors being sold have 10 year Lithium batteries in them since 2000. So even though we encourage people to change their batteries or check their smoke alarms in some cases there is no need to do this.
By codifying DST, all the government is doing is keeping everyone on the same sheet of music as we all get up an hour earlier during the portion of the year with the most daylight.

Greenman

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service