i dont think they should be. thats what the FireFighters are for.

Views: 942

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Again I will add, on a fully paid city department it will never happen. Yourworld I guess you say it will, in Washington, on a city department, will not happen.
Gregory, and in a City Department or where ever a Chief dosnt fight fire I am sure it works for them that way.
I agreed with this completly. Plus i always like to see a chief holding a hose and fighting fire. It shows me that they are just one of the guys and are willing to work just as had.
So, does a company officer give you orders on the fireground?
Ide take orders if given yes. Why not?
Because this company officer would order you to get the fuck out of the way and be the Chief.
LMFAOF! you got me there WP! Not that this hasnt happened. If I need to be told then have right at it. I am sure not god.
You're God when you're the Chief. That's the way it should be.
Ill disagree with all of you who said Chiefs in paid departments dont fight fire. Two days ago we had a fire in SC and one of the chiefs got the nozzle and went to work from the outside of the house. If a chief wants to grab a nozzle to get that thrill back again, whos to stop him? Id gladly pull hose for my chief and watch as he works magic on a house fire.
Being the Chief of a Volunteer Unit I sometimes have no choice but to fight fire. There have been times I have drove the truck, pulled & charged the line(s), packed up & started fighting fire by myself until I got more help. I really enjoy being 2nd due sometimes because if the IC doesn't need me for anything, I'm hunting a nozzle. It all depends on the situation especially around here where manpower may be limited or several minutes away.
Nahhhhhhhh! Not my attitude.
Well put Chief. You deserve a standing ovation for that one.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service