If you were to set up what a chief vehicle should have for basic and extra needs what items would be required equipment. Depending on a car, SUV or pickup truck.

Basis items would turnout gear, SCBA and on site command equipment.

Maybe fire extinguishers, EMS equipment, traffic and crowd control items.

I have heard of some chiefs carrying extra gloves and hoods for their crews if they need them during cold weather.

Any other thoughts of what should be required?

Views: 3053

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Our dept. just bought a new pickup truck which they plan to put a cap on it. I have said that the officer that it will be assigned to should store his turnouts and SCBA in the back and not in the cab of the vehicle and that anything that's placed in the back should be in a container or held in place with brackets so that it won't be sliding or rolling around the bed of the truck. I had two pickup trucks and I had built boxes and bought storage containers to keep things in place. I had one pickup that had side mounted tool compartments built into the cap to keep things handy.

I have a 8 passenger van now which I have a rolling 50 gallon tool box and other containers for fire items in the back.

Great lists for different types of depts.  SCBA should be in the chief's vehicle not just for fires but you have Hazmat and other times when all should be in full PPE

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service