Hello my fellow emergency workers.

I and my girlfriend are going ta make a roadtrip in the states fall 2010.

We have two options.

1# 3-5 weeks in CA or..
2# 1 week in FL - Rent a car and drive to CA (1 week of driving). 2-3 weeks in CA.

If we choose 2#... Which way shall we take? We want to take I-10 to New Orleans and Houston, but after Houston? Which way from Houston to Las Vegas is the best, if we want to see so much as possible?

From Houston
I-10 to San Antonio - El Paso - Tucson - Phoenix - Las Vegas or..
I-45 to Dallas / Fort Worth - I-35 to Oklahoma City - I-40 to Albuquerque - Las Vegas?

Which way is most fun, and which way will we see as much as possible?

Thank you

Have a good one
/Fredrik

Views: 118

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am not sure but, I would use mapquest.com
A lot depends on what you are wanting to see. The I 10 route will be the most direct. Understand that it will be a 10 hr drive just to get through Texas. You will get to see a lot of desert like scenery along the way.

If I were inclined to go by way of Dallas, I would use US 287 north through Wichita Falls on to Amarillo and pick up I 40 there, unless you just want to go to OK City. If you go this way to Vegas, you can expect to add about 5 hrs to the entire drive. The biggest thing about the I 40 route is much of it is along the old Route 66 corridor, so there are many little curio shops along the way.

A good GPS will help with the navigation, and is a whole lot more accurate than mapquest.
if you go the I-40 route stop in amarillo look me up and i can show you guys around the county fire station.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service