How does your dept. handle MVA's? Do you have a rescue truck or do you just use your engine? If you have a rescue, is it light, medium, or heavy? What kind of equpment do you have on it? My dept. runs a medium duty rescue that has an onboard PTO generator that runs pre connected extrication equipment, a 20 ft. telescoping light tower, full sets of lift bags and rams, hand tools, various saws and scene lighting. As well as other tools and water rescue equipment.

Views: 2883

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We use a Mercedes Benz diesel powered E-one freightliner for our rescue. I think its a 2009?? Im not really sure. We have everything from a generator to the jaws. Not really set on water rescue equipment due to the fact of being about an hour away from water. But anymore information about this apparatus, I would love to know more about it.

Also our personal water cooler.

We run a heavy rescue and an engine. On the rescue we have an Amkus ultimate system with two cutters and a spreader off of the driver side and a cutter and spreader on the passenger side. we also have two rams with various attachments. Our rescue is also a certified QRS and contains medical gear and all of our equipment for fires, water rescue, and rope rescue. It also has a light tower. Our engine carries a portable power plant for a combi tool as well as some cribbing.

One thing I forgot to say. Most of our heavy squad companies also run rescue engines which have tools similar to the squad trucks. These engine run back up to the squad or replace the squad if the squad is in for repairs. Some stations also have paramedic engines.

Ambulance wise we have basic units, paramedic ambulance which has a EMT and medic and medic unit which has a all paramedic staff.

The county has both career and volunteer staff plus volunteer owned and county owned apparatus plus volunteer owned stations or county owned station some with combination crews or all volunteer or career staff.

My company has a rescue/squad. If its a bad MVA we send our tower truck. We have 1 pair of spreaders and 3 cutters

Sweet!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service