In the Department I belong to give two way radios to all the line offers, and any firefighter that would like to have a two way radio only needs to get pemision from the Chief, and he, or she can purchase their own, and the department will program it for you. When we use the radio, our call sign is our ID number. I must say it works well within our Department. How do other departments feel about the uses of radio's?

Views: 1087

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Aaron, thanks for responding to the discussion,
Stay safe brother.
We issue portables.Our radio provider can sell us 2 portables for the price of 1 Minitor. We do the programming in house. All the portables have a "page" function. Proper training eliminates most of the "cha'tter issues. ight not work everywhere but it does here.
Hey Chief, thank you for responding to the discussion.
I agree with you when you say proper training eliminates
much of the chatter issues. Be well & stay safe.
The chatter box guys should be issued a string attached to two tin cans. No FCC problems either. TCSS
We issue a portable radio to everyone that is off probation if a radio is available. However we are switching over to a new 8oo mghz system this year and the county has purchased the radios for all fourteen departments. I have heard that everyone will get a new radio, but have also heard just officers and one for each seat on the trucks, or officers, EMT's and each seat on the trucks. So it's anybody's guess what they are going to do.
We issue Radio's to our Officers. We do not allow radio use by any of our firefighters. They have pagers and respond to the station where they arrive on the apparatus. There are extra radio's in the engines if needed.
we are all issued with pagers for responding. the radios stay on the truck until we dismount then depending on the event we are at as to what we do traffic control yes or if ffs are going to be out of line of sight of the officer yes
Mick, My answer to your first question is: "17". My answer to your second question is: "Real Good." Beyond that, I'll need my second cup of coffee. Good morning Brother.
Hey Capt., Thanks for adding to the discussion.
All new 800mhz radios, that's nice. Wish you all
the best. Staysafe brother.
Hey Chief, Thanks for responding to the discussion.
We also have the same program in place, however the
Chief has allowed some members to buy their own radio.
They have to abide by the rules set forth on the use of them.
Have a great weekend, and be safe Brother.
Hey Paul, Thanks for reponding to the discussion,
and for the information shared with us.
Stay safe Brother, wish you all the best.
Padre, I'm not sure in what discussion you are talking about.
I think it's time for that second cup of coffee. I have about 10
discussions going on, and I don't know with one you are responding
too. O'well, i'll figure it out. Be safe Brother.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service