Yep, thats what it looks like, a nozzle hooked up directly to the pump panel. Although this particular time was just wetting down a demolition derby track; we have, in the past, done this on brush/ditch fires. If your lucky enough to have the fire right by the road, hook up the nozzle, open the bail, and drive! lol

Views: 70

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Definitely been there and done that, works well in putting a wet line in as well. Pump and roll capability has it's advantages. Don't forget to put your window up! lol...
We've driven a tanker down the side of a ditch and just opened the side chute. Quite effective and requires only the manpower of the driver to flip a switch.

Work smarter, not harder! ;) lol
We haven't done this for roadside fires, but we use a one-engine and a two-engine variation of this for emergency decontamination and mass decontamination.
They are talking about using this while driving. The decon method works great, but I really doubt you are moving at the same time.
I agree with the decon thing, but this looks like a pump and roll deal and not something any rig can just do.
We have this capability on both our tankers. We utilize this ability for putting down a quick wet defensive line when manpower is limited. Now with saying that, our drivers must have wildland training to perform this task! Awareness of not only the fire situation, but operating around structures, there are these things called septic tanks that can get you into a real mess!
We actually carry a pump on our tankers that we can use for something like this...or we can use our tankers to pump water for brush fires if needed...I don't think we can pump and roll with our rigs...I will have to check that one out though....Paul

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service