Hello everyone hope you are out there staying safe and training much. Recently here on FFN many "older" members have noticed that not many jrs/explorers are commenting on things. Many say they would like you to get more involved, but our grammer and spelling is bad. I agree we do write things like facebook blogs, or comments, but i think we need to start workin on this as a team and take time to work on getting things more organized with our comments and post and get more involved. I will admit this post message probably has many issues with it. So lets start getting on people who you "facebook Langauage" and make a difference. Who all agrees?

Views: 363

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, Joe I cant say on here but just use your imagination.

Oh and thanks for the advice about the mac. Because I am one of those iggnorant people whom occasionally mispell a word. Like the word mispell is it one or 2 s's in it

Mispell
Misspell
Mispell
Misspell

I dont know maybe I should have graduated high school instead of feeding my family. Wait I should have gone to college instead of working to send my brother to engineering school. Or my personal favorite I should have not beat the crap out of people who picked on the little guy so more people will like me!!!!

Shewww I need to cool down lol

The previous statement was not ment deragatory twards anyone. That was a small insight into the life of me a uneducated idiot whom just likes helping people.
Hey Lloyd it's nobel helping others as it is helping yourself. Calling yourself an uneducated idiot...well that isn't so nobel. You seem sensitive to anyone trying to help others in spelling and grammar as if it was a personal attack on you. Like your response to Ted. Use all that energy towards something positive, like the education you claim you don't have. Heck, I read most of your posts and enjoy them and I don't think you're an idiot. TCSS
Isn't it GRAMMAR, not Grammer?

Maybe this might help a few people- http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/
Billy I know im not uneducated. I educate myself every day. Although I do still have to work on my brain finger filter. I just thought that was a little over the edge and it bugged me.

But I did get my G.E.D. the day before I quit school.

Sorry Joe I might have taken that a little far. I guess hind sight is 20/20.
Note: for appearance purposes, we have edited the heading of the post. This should not detract from the user's original title, "Grammer & spelling".
Perhaps just a bit, Loyd. But it's all good. I didn't mean to get you on the defensive, but I was just curious as to the three things were.

As far as using my imagination, well... I don't want to go there, hence the question.
True, although Uncle Bill's dictionary on word does sometimes ignor technical jargon. I can't speak for the Mac, last time I used one was 1986ish.
well thanks hey when you have time why dont you come play jeopardy with us.
If I had a hammar
I'd hammar in the morning
I'd hammar in the evening
all over this......
This has to be a first... Having the FFN WC correct one's spelling mistake. Now we all know that there are grammar and spelling police out there, watching and on the ready with a dictionary in hand.
Given that the fickle hand of the WC has on occasion edited a post (through the process of elimination), simply correcting spelling ("...for appearance purposes...") seems rather mild, and surprisingly good natured.
I a jr, fire fighter an I no lots. That attitude and type of literacy are what bothers us "older" members.The term older seems to mean anyone older and more experienced then me has nothing of value to teach me. As was expressed by one jr. I can't learn much if it's not hands on well believe me, and all before you with experience,.... there are lots of things you had better know before you get hands on . In the old times if you will, there was no certification or training . You arrived in the house and there was no telling that the next call would be. You went out on it and it could be the biggest of your rookie life . So be glad you now can learn slowly and in a safe environment. Fire doesn't differentiate between novice or old guy, training or real fire it will react at times in the worst possible manor and then it's too late to learn.
Don't call us brothers you don't own that patch we are your mentors. I as an instructor take a strong interest in jr. programs and though I sound like I don't care I do but at times I and others like me, get tired when we feel we are being disrespected and wasting our time.
When you go to court and have to present your testimony you will have your reports read, if they don't appear professional then they will be treated as the work of an amateur and dismissed. Text talking won't fly in our legal system so we have good reason to ask that you master the fundamentals of English . We are not being arbitrary or needlessly critical we do it because it's necessary and we care. So please accept our guidance and critique in the spirit it was intended as a tool for your improvement.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service