I was checking Ford's website and they advise that production of the Crown Vic will end after the 2010 model and will be replaced with the Ford Taurus for emergency vehicle use.
I know some fire chiefs like them over other vehicles. Our chief likes a car over a SUV, pickup truck or van.
I did hear he was going to check the Chevy dealer for a new car after he went to Ford.
I am wondering if anyone has ever check out other vehicles that are manufactured here from other countries as emergency vehicles.

Views: 154

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The crown vic was a great chief beater!!!!!
My very first car was an '84 LTD crown vic. A tank.
Ashfire,

If you are going to post this question on multiple forums, you should consider linking them together ...

here are the fact-filled responses from TheWatchDesk:

http://www.thewatchdesk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52100

TheWatchDesk covers the following info:

2011 Caprice police cruiser

2012 Ford Taurus based police interceptor

2012 Carbon Motors purpose-built cruiser

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I notice that federal law enforcement and state police are using Dodge Chargers ... some Hemi-powered.
I like the Chargers! But a Fire Chief i think should have a SUV No matter what.
Our chief owns a SUV but doesn't want one for a chief's car.
Ford said the same thing a few years back, but I still see new ones for emergency services.
Only reason I say Chiefs should have SUV's is because you never know what you may be called upon and a Car can NEVER go as far as a SUV. Plus the rear of a SUV can be set up to many different concepts being the size available.

Cars are nice yes as the have speed and can cut corners much better than a SUV. But in the Fire Service, I think Bigger is Always Better!!!
Dodge Charger anyone?
Attachments:
The one thing about our chief is that he wants to be undercover. Hidden lights & antenna, no markings and plain license plates. I don't think he is into off roading with his POVs. I would think chiefs have their own ideas about how their department runs and what apparatus they put in their station.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service