If this guy is actually a member of this Fire Department, he absolutely should be wearing correct PPE. If he isnt apart of the Department, why is he up there in the first place?

Views: 688

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

the cats tail looks a bit crispy to me
Davin,
I have also noticed that your prime concern at this site, is nit-picking (not to say that nits do not need to be picked now and then) other depts. and what you percieve to be safety F ups. If that is your contribution to the service, be prepared for a fairly short ff career. While it is ovbious in most of your posts that something indeed is not exactly what "the book" says, common sense and discretion in the fire service, seems to be lost, or at the very least, becoming a bit disoriented, by those people who have nothing better to do than find safety violations and in an attempt to solve all the fire service's problems, post them to public websites. I don't say its a bad thing when safety violations are identified, but try and understand that as you go down the wonderful road of emergency services, you will often come across people doing something that YOU think is not safe. If you are being paid to identify both the trivial and the serious life-threatening safety concerns, you are likely to earn more money doing that, than you will in any emergency organization. That is until some dept. comes along and sues your (_!_) for either copyright infringement (using someone else's photos without their consent) or defamation of character, libel etc etc, things that you, up until now, probably have not even considered when posting your handiwork, but seriously should. Now, once again I will say, when it comes to safety, nothing is more important. If you really want to make a difference, when you identify things that you consider not by the book, or not safe, rather than post if publicly, why not do the right thing and take it directly to the offending dept.
May I suggest if you choose the latter, get some more whiskers first, and some wall paper ( diplomas, degrees, etc etc) to back up your findings.
I can not believe I wrote so much, considering I am still hurting from laughing so much at Jack, Kali, and WP.
My guess is he is rescuing his own cat. If it is an off duty guy, then he made points with the homeowner, some people treat their pets as well as a person.

Looking at the smoke profile, the likelihood of that room flashing has a long way to go, now if the cat was a person.... would you say, hold on a minute while we get our PPE on???

Risk verse Gain. This picture is a snap shot without the entire story.
Ez Jack everyone knows real firetrucks are white!!!
White? Like the Good Humor truck? God help us.
Do they come with bells and sprinkles?

Jack,

Don't leave out the Good Humor Man. You know, the one in the sailor outfit.
Had them, never had to wear them after I checked into my first duty station. After that it was OD greens the entire time. Now the boys on the subs, hole whole different story.
And now it's gonna be "boys" AND girls on subs. Jesus H. Christ!
Someone has to cook, clean and do laundry.
Also if you had tried and my pet had died in that fire, I would sue the shiz outta whatever department it was, especially using these pictures as evidence! Fire conditions, from what is scene, aren't that heavy.

Wow, really? Nothing like encouraging more to an already sue happy society without regard to one's own PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

What I mean here is the fire was started somehow (cat most likely as thought by some here) and most likely not by the fire department. So despite all the fire prevention initiatives and measure to stop fires before they happen, it is the responsibility of the FD because the fire occurred?

Let's go further and say it was a FF, in full PPE, going up that ladder and the cat is in the same place. Animals get scared and say the cat runs back into the home. So you are saying the FF should understand the mentality and predict the actions of a scared animal?

So now say that cat does go back in the house and is overcome by smoke and perishes, again this is the fault of the FD? How so? So if a FF is injured or killed now searching for your cat, who ran back in, shouldn't the FF or dept be able to sue you, the homeowner for the fire then? I mean you are alluding to a fear of litigation if the fire dept didn't "do enough" to save your cat, but they didn't start the fire in the first place did they? This isn't their property is it? This isn't their pet to understand it, is it?

You see the problem with such stupid statements of looking to sue? All you are doing is contributing to a moronic mindset that something is always the fault of someone else and that personal responsibilty is a non issue.
John,

I love the way you don't pussy foot around an issue. Some people are just as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs, and you can't swing a dead cat with out hitting them. No sense playing cat and mouse with them. If the cat had died, it would have been a cat-astrophe. You the cat's meow, bro.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service