Lets go off subject for a bit.....How many out there are going to respond to the Census of 2010...?  How many will answer all the requested questions...?  I ask this because I did some research on the subject....Are you aware that the Government has the Authority to count the people of the country to allow for representation of their areas...?(every 10 years)   Now I have some questions...why do they need to know our income..? why do they need to know whether I own or rent my home...?  Why do they need to know my ethnic background...? and there are about 50 other questions that....well, to be straight...is none of their business.....I filled out my Census form...I put my name, date of birth, and under ethnic background I checked "other" and wrote in American....I did this for those that live in my household and left everything else blank.  Well it took about 2 weeks for someone to come to the door and Identify themselves as a census worker and start asking questions.....I politely refused, telling them I gave all the information required under the American Bill of Rights....I was told that I HAD to coply (Wrong thing to say)  LOL....I asked them to show me where under the Bill of Rights or the Constitution hat I had to comply.....I was told that it is illegal to refuse...I then asked if I could refuse to answer under the 5th ammendment..?  He stammered a bit but wouldn't answer...so I did the natural thing....I told him to call a cop...and closed the door.....He hasn't been back.  I don't usually take this stand but after our last President...you remember King George...and our current one...the one that looks like a mix of the guy from mad magazine and Arnold from differnt strokes, I don't trust them to do what is right anymore.....Just my look at things...I was wondering if any others might have doubts as well....thanks...Hey, stay safe out there....Keep the Faith Brothers and Sisters.........Paul

Views: 191

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"You'd think they would have read the Constitution."
You would think...but then, that really wouldn't serve their purpose.
Billy reminds me of the horror flick.....you know the one that the phone rings a woman answers and he tells her the calls are coming from inside the house.......LOL
Thanks Jack, you made my day. Cracked me up.
Chief, glad you liked it ;)
I'm not familiar with the VA break-in, but it sounds like a law was broken. Are you saying that if there is a chance of someone breaking the law, we shouldn't have the activity at all? For example, if there is a chance of someone useing a firearm illegally, should we ban them outright to prevent misuse?
Here's a sample form on-line...really quite mundane.

http://2010.census.gov/2010census/how/interactive-form.php
No, But I also donot believe everything that our current band of politicians try to feed us either....if you look at any group in the US today and try and figure out which group has broken more laws you wouldn't have to look too far from Washington DC....By law I have to report numbers of households for representative purposes...and thats what I will do.....Give numbers...and numbers only.....Do as you see fit....I am onlt stating my view.....
If you don't answer all of the questions, they will need to ring you, and possibly visit you to get the answers. By law, you have to answer all 10 questions. Check out the quote from the Constitution I posted - Congress can conduct the Census as they see fit.

I don't think they'll lock you away, but they will pee away a lot of taxpayer money trying to get those answers, and I think they can fine you. I have no issue with civil disobedience, but in this case, to what point and purpose?

BTW - I didn't answer your previous question because I didn't want to stir the pot. I think the 2nd Amendment gives us the right to keep and bear arms, and gives the states the right to regulate as appropriate. Personally, I favour laws like Virginia's and think total bans (like DC) go too far. I don't agree with states that won't issue concealed carry permits, but I think it is the state's right to do so.
Really? The Census is going to cause the revolution?
Well said Sir....From Australia............
Of course it is easy to comment from another country......

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service