I have a new pair of fire gloves, well like a month and a half old. they are my second pair because my first pair were way to big, (even these are a little big and they r a small lol ) but im in fire school and im trying to break them in, any suggestions on how to break them in more. When i wear them i kinda feel like my hands are on a delayed reaction and i cant get a good grip. They r good gloves not the cheap ones, so i know its not them.

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There are alot of gloves on the market. I wear Pro-Tech-8, which does not need to be broken in. They are light like wearing winter gloves. Ask around the others in school and see what others are wearing.

There is nothing worse than gloves that are too big.
I've never had to do it so I don't know if it really works, but some people submerge their leather gloves in water and then wear them till they dry- apparantly they shrink and will mould to the hand....
I have the same problem with gloves. They are always to big. What i do when i get a new pair is get them wet and then put them in the dryer for ten minutes and then let them air dry. That seems to help a lot.
I wear code 3 which is alot like the pro-tech 8 from what i have read. They come very comfortable and light weight. They are also like wear a pair of normal winter gloves.
If the small's are alittle big you may want to try an X-small. I have noticed with alot of the gloves on the market that after they are used for awhile that the gloves tend to stretch out. All the gloves are a pain they are big and bulky and hard to work in.
A lot of good advise here. All I can add is make sure you have the proper size for your hands. Too big is not good! Stay safe!
I hear you! I wear x small gloves and they have been a pain in the butt to find!

TCSS,
Cat :o)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service