I serve on the Eau Claire Michigan fire department andwe have a annual waterball tournament. We have been borrowing the ball and nozzles from another department (we have the poles and cable). Does anybody know where you can buy waterball equipment? (the ball and smooth bore nozzles) Thanks...

Views: 244

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We went to the local sporting goods store, bought a tether ball and used a small locking carabiner to attach it to the cable. We also use identical automatic nozzles in place of smooth bore. This is one of the drills we use in our cadet classes to teach nozzle control.

Another variation is to use a 55 gallon drum filled with about 20 gallons of water. Use the hoselines to move the barrel into a goal, (lines painted on the ground). The water inside the barrel gives it enough weight to make it a little harder to move plus it can make the barrel harder to control.

Have fun
Here is a link to the inexpensive nozzle tip http://www.edarley.com/finditem/20861
As for the ball I don't know if you can buy them. We made ours out of a pony keg and that seems to work good. If you want a better idea how we made ours let me know.
What a waste of a good keg! Oh wait a minute, you empty it first.

Good idea though.
lol Yes it was empty first so maybe a waste of a good keg but not its contens.
Our ball looks like a small propane tank on a roller system and we still borrow the nozzles from a neighboring department. It kind of look like there are many ideas for a ball to be used and other games to play. Hope you find what your looking for.
I am sure you made good use of its contents to lol!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service