hey what kind of turnout gear do juniors (explorers) get in other stations. im junior chief i have a cairns 1044 (that i bought on my own) helmet our helmets have to have blue tetrahedions-securatex turnout gear-and pro warrington leather boots. what do u have.. whats your opinions

Views: 653

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In our department, juniors get the seniors' old tan Cairns turnout gear with the orange striping and lettering. We also get black Cairns 66o Metro helmets, and old boots that were at the station. All juniors are required to wear vests when working by or on the roads.
Our juniors are not allowed on the fireground, so there is no need for protective clothing for them. They have to either help the engineer or help with rehab.

TCSS

Shawn
I agree with you whole heartedly that jr's/explorers shouldn't need them because they are not certified to be in or near the hot zone. But ..... I don't make the rules in our dept., so the jr's are getting our old gear if it'll fit them. By no means will they get new gear unless they buy it themselves. No disrespect intended towards the jr's, it's just that I've seen many come and go in a short period of time.
Keep safe and have fun
My department we get the same as the firefighters. I think its MSA tan gear. We get different helmets tho.
I am a junior on my department and i have yellow gear with 2 helmets. I have a red one for fire calls and a black one for training's.
We get full turnout gear, a little bit older, but still in good condition. Black gear w/ orange reflective stripes, red helmet, exterior accountability tag, same stuff as over 18 members.
In my opinion, under 18 firefighters should have full turnouts for training, and more protection on calls if they're allowed to go. I worked a roadblock for a car accident the other night, temps. in the singe digits, and I was very thankful for every inch of protection I had.
We don't have an explorer program in my dept, so I can't answer that.
We get the departments retired tan gear, and blue helmets along with handme down leather boots. We had 20 2yo pairs of leather boots donated.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service