my chief sent this video out to remind us that this could happen to any of us at anytime and to not be careless. there are also so many things they either did wrong or just did not do in this video!!!...give me your thoughts!

houston,tx

http://www.thebravestonline.com/news.html?view=1&id=1619

Views: 134

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've seen this,Bad situation.NEVER SINGLE YOURSELF,No Partner No GO. Nuff said
thats the rule two in two out you can get introuble to quick in a fire to be stuck alone.
thats what i;m saying! especially in an office building. the best ff can get lost with all of the cubicles. best thing to do would be A)not be alone and B) tie off a rope at the door and carry the rope bag with you...this way you can't get lost!
Thats so hard for me to watch, but what a true reminder.
Very hard to watch and a big reminder 2 people in don't leave anyone behind espeacially your partner.
very rough video. but it falls back to the rule like every body has said. two in two out. always.
It's reality guys. That's the only down fall with us having our hearts 100% in the job....you get tunnel vision and that's no good. I'm so glad that this Captain was ok.
Very good.. this site also had alot of different info so I added to my favorites so I go back and look at it when i am done.
i agree never go solo. two in two out. but my question is why did it take so long from time of mayday to time they got to him. it seemed like it took forever just to get the r.i.t in there and the second rescue.
Another important lesson in addition to those stated is to not panic. Ok you have, for whatever reason gotten yourself into such a situation. By remaining as calm as you can, controlling your breathing, and thinking clearly, will result in a much better chance of getting out.
keep in mind,this can also happen in collapse or wall breach situations, you can also get turned around and separated. No matter if you go in with two or three or four, you can get separated, or disoriented. Keep your head about you, perhaps a search line in larger buildings... always have a way out.
I've seen guys get turned around in a rolling balloon construction house, it was all around them in the walls. One of them was 5 feet inside the door and thought he was deep in and going to die. Sure enough, he used his man down alarm and an arm reached in and pulled him out. Luck is definitely on our side at times, even the best and most experienced need it at times.
Yes this is one situation i wish no one to get in to but you never know when the shit will hit the fan !!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service