We used the straight nozzles for years and when your gloves got wet or icy it was alittle bit of a struggle to hold. when we switched to the pistol grips made it a lot easier to hold and a lot easier to advance in a structure fire. Was wondering what other stations prefer?

Views: 156

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pistol all the way trained with both work with both .
All I care is that I get water out of the thing when I open the bale. A Pistol grip is ok, but I don't use them. I hold all hoses like they don't have a pistol grip. That's my preferance.
Here in Michigan we use the pistol grip style. Atleast here on my department we do. We have found that when we need it, it is usually very cold outside and the straight nozzles were very hard to hold on to. With the pistol grip we have a grip to hang on to. This makes it easier to control with the big bulky gloves on.
straight nozzles for me less stress on the wrist
we use both but i perfer pistol grip
I love the pistol grips. I was working off a ladder in the winter and not having that pistol grip to push against did make it a little more challenging. We have a couple of regular nozzles on the pump for spares, but they are tucked deep behind the pistol grip spares... lol. There's no question in my books.
The pistol grips are great for extended ops, but the old style straight nozzles are better to teach new guys nozzle control.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service