Nothing like getting out of a nice warm bed to go fight a structrue fire at 02:00 and it bing about 35 degresse out. Lucky it was over at 04:35.

Views: 190

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Better than an ambulance call for a drunk college kid at 2am.

Then at 3, 3:45, and 4:30...
Damn, you had a busy night
Agreed. I have no problem getting up for a fire. The problem is when I'm on an ambulance for the night and I don't even touch my bed because the thousands of homeless people in the city want a bed and food. What better than to call 911 to get that?
or the multiple calls through the night to put out red embers that can be put out with a glass of water.
LOL...wait till its 30 below with a 65 below wind chill !!!!
Yup, best ones happen between the hours of 3 an 6 am.
We had a walk up at 2 that high centered her car and wanted us to bump it off with the truck. 
we had from 11 pm saturday nite till 7 am sunday morn 3 mvc 2 of which were fatals and to top it off a multiple calls house fire at 645 am thank god my jump turned up at the station at 640 and said go home ....
then sunday nite another fatal mvc , apparently people just couldnt drive this weekend
sometimes i enjoy the nadda nites cos my bed is just so comfy ..... other times i wake up and think did i miss a call ? and then other times your so right it is just creepy to stay in all nite
Hey, at least at 35 you don't freeze into an icicle. Or a turnoutcicle.
Yeah i hate that feeling of missing a call or thinking you missed one, or worse is having a dream you get a call.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service