So last night I got to hit the bunk at about 0100 after teching 10 runs. I just got into some really good sleep and then it happened! Attention medic 36, I awoke and yelled shits because I was having a really good dream, need you to respond to bla bla bla for a 36 y/o male pt ill person. Ok what ever I thought it would be the typical vomiting or headache, or flue like symptoms. So I get dressed and was gone in two min. running hot 7 miles at 0200. We get there and here he is standing there holding his jaw. I ask whets the problem this morning? So he said, “my tooth hurts and I didn’t feel like driving to the ED." so ok maybe there some thing here so I ask hoping not to here the answer I was told. How long has this been going on? “About a week" ok so now I wanted to kill him. “I just can’t sleep good" I swear to God he said all of this. not only were we there in the bus but rescue was there to eight people got up at 0200 for this guys tooth because he called 911. That’s my story and i'm sticking to it! What are your stories for the dumbest reason someone called 911!

Views: 443

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have heard calls like that...and I totally agree with ya buddy. My dumbest call was one where a lady called me because a rat had got stuck on one of those sticky glue traps and she was terrified by it and needed assistance. Like your call, it was in the twilight hours....so man I can understand where your coming from.
Welcome to the real world of Fire/EMS! Thousands of us could write chapter after chapter about these calls. Of course you've heard about referred pain. It could be cardiac related causing the pain to be referred to his tooth. As a result he may need an IV... damn I missed. Damn, I missed, Damn I missed. Oh the hell with it, lets go EJ!
Wait until someone calls 911 from one hospital to take them to the other hospital if it has a shorter waiting time. How about calling to get to a doctor's apointment?? I work in an urban enviroment and this shit happens all the time. I do not even get upset anymore becuase its just easier to pull up, beep the horn, seat them in the captain's chair and drop them in the waiting room. And then go back to bed to wait for the idiot.
lol that is good. Fortunatley I don't run EMS calls that much where I am at now, but we do respond to some. I do give all you guys that run EMS calls props. When I started out @ my hometowns volunteer ambulance service, we ran numerous calls.
Like most of you these type calls are typical now days. Tooth ache, stumped my toe, had one that actually said my tummy hurts. Now my strangest call was a guy that had crhonic case of pripizm and was having to walk to the er early one morning, when dispatched the dispatcher just said groin area problem. Naturally she got a call to define what the problem was. We fuss and run the call then shake our heads. But if they get to hospital and call wanting a ride home its sorry not a medical reason to get ride home you are on your own.
Best one I heard so far was for a person with their belly button ring stuck to a couch! The dispatchers had all they could do to keep from laughing as they got the call out!
Lousy use of the English language and juvenile in its content. Would be nice of members of FFN had something serious to share.
I won't make this a long winded arguement by any stretch of the imagination. First off Jerry, you are a chaplain. Let he whom is without sin cast the first stone. (obviously overkill but still carries the same point)
Nobody is perfect as we can see throughout FFN and any other website across the globe. We got the point of his post reguardless of spelling and grammatical useage.
In the future is you feel FFN is being flooded with crap (and I agree some of it is not worthy of commentation) I suggest YOU yourself begin to start posting some "serious" content.
Try spending more time accepting people for who they are instead of ridiculing them for what they aren't.
Ok here goes. One of our frequentl fliers one night at about 2am called 911. tones drop lights come on and dispach 4151 respond blah blah bhh st. sick case. i get up get dressed and go to the truck. i am not happy at this point cause i know who im going to be seeing in about 3 minutes. we go responding and dispatch says the usual but they cannot give us any more information as to why we were woken up at 2am to go to his house. anywho we get on scene bring o2, monitor, and the cot to the house cause yes we usually transport this "lovely" lol guy to the ER. I walk in and ask what his problem is and hes says " oh you all wont need any of that stuff im not going to the hospital tonight. i just wanted a blanket and a cough drop and didnt feel like getting up to get them" i about fell on the floor. i was having a nice dream in my warm bed back at the base and i was woken up at an unworldly hour so i could go get a blanket and a cough drop for some freak that didnt want to do it himself.
Mine was a call out for a fight, we get there and ask where the patient was and a male was standing there with his finger sticking up with a miniscule cut on it that in my wildest dreams, might have taken A stitch. Gave him a band-aid. Told him he had nothing life threatning and that our truck was not gonna make a 60 mile round trip at 2 AM when he was gonna call someone to pick him up at the ER to go ahead and call his friend and let him take him up there. Figgered we was gonna take a hit for not taking him but my EMS director agreed with us after talking with the police officer.
Thank you for speaking on behalf of most of us. I don't know if he was speaking about me or whatever, but thanks. I do find this discussion rather amussing with all the different stories. I guess FFN should put spell check on every thing we all type up lol.
Real quick, I've had this happen to me twice and not from the same guy. Both times we were dispatched to an unknown type of medical aid sometime after zero dark thirty. Anyway, the reason we were there was because these guys had had nightmares, no other reason. They were scared.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service