OK, as I sit here on Sunday, waiting till Monday to call and set up my account, am just wondering who has done their nims cast and what kind of questions did they ask.

Views: 298

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Are you talking about the 700 ,100,200 classes or something else?
Nimscast or NIMS Compliance Assistance Support Tool, is a data compiling web site and is part of the 2008 objectives. We have not done it yet, and with training money tied up until we do, just wondering about some of the 100 questions they ask.
Our Department is up to code we have 100,700,800,200,300,400
Is this the same NIMS that we were all supposed to take way back in the day. If so, then I've taken 100, 200, 700, and 800. Or is this something else new and pointless that we all must do?
Here is what I know, or think I know. FEMA has objectives that we need to meet, and are updated every year, part of the 08 objectives are to set up an account with nimscast and fill out a questionnaire and it says will take 5hrs, is this a state thing? I have no idea. I do know we just attended validation training for our TRT team, funded by ITTF(Illinois terrorism task force) through the DoD and no money will come until we complete the nimscast. Now I'm just guessing, but it has nothing to do with 100,200...ect, but is a progress report on where your dept and maybe even your city is with regards to where you are at in meeting the objectives, and this is what I'm trying to find out. If it keeps raining today, I'm going to find out the old fashion way by doing it....was just looking for a little incite before I start.
Very funny cap!!
Trainer, I was attending a Chiefs association meeting and our emergency preparedness director for our county was doing a demo. for us on nims cast. He didn't get to complete the demo for what ever reason but from what I obtained out of it is.
1. Once you are in your account, it starts asking you a whole lot of questions. Some of the questions are( example).
How many firefighters are nims compliment 700? then so on--- so on --- so on---.
2. After you load your answers to everything it asked of,then it will total up a percentage for each section.
once everything is complete this information is at FEMA's disposal for them to view. So if you applied for a grant lets say the Fire Act grant, one of the things FEMA's going to do is pull that info. up to see if your fire department is complaint. From how I understood it, even your county's EPD has do this for his or her county. like if your county has a haz-mat team,county EMS department,and so on.
If anyone else has understood it different, please correct me if I am wrong.
Basically each department will have it's information submitted for DHS/FEMA
to view anytime they need it.
Got my account set up....now this is a FEMA thing but what it's looking like I have to do is state related, and Rusty I believe you are right, nimscast is a data collection web site. I have to fill out questions for 07(36pages), 08(22 pages) and 09(no idea) but easy ones at that. If I had a point to all of this is if you get federal or state money from grants or training, best get it done as sooner or later you'll have to.
Trainer, I think what it boils down to is, if your dept. doesn't register an account with the info. when you apply for any grants the Gov. is giving out, you simply wont received one! From what I was told, this info. is going to be the first thing they will pull up to check to see if your are compliant. No info. No Money!

Of course,I've heard this before?
Rusty, your absolutely right, we were told 2 years ago if our dept was not on this list....no grants. That has not been the case but now.....if we are using grant money we got to do it...wish I had done it 2 years ago. I got through 1/3 of it in an hour, well 07 anyways, and it sucks, I have to keep telling myself, I won't get paid if I don't complete. The hard part for us volunteers is we will never be 100% compliant.
Trainer, I know how you feel! I'm having to do ours as well.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service