Hello fellow firefighters, I am new to the forum, glad to have joined, and am hoping someone here can help me out. My Volunteer Department purchased all new Scott 4500 Airpacks about 3 years ago. We have had no problems whatsoever with them until now. The other day i was going through a few of them and doing regular checks (changing batteries....etc) and noticed that after one of them comes on and the indicator for air level and battery go off, i get a red light in the bottom left corner of the regulator display that blinks rapidly. Looked in the book and couldn't find anything on this. I have tried to call Scott Tech support and can not get ahold of anyone. I was just wondering if anyone here might have an idea as to what is going on. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank You

Views: 195

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We had one that did something similar to that if I recall. We had to send it out for service. I think there was something minor wrong in the electronics. I would also check to make sure that all of the connections are tight and even try different batteries once again just to make sure.
Hope I ain't too late, don't sent in your packs. We have the newest version of the SCOTT packs and on our this happens when the batteries are low. At least on ours they will start chirping shortly after this happens. I don't know if your will do this or not. Try to change out the batteries and see if that fixes your problem. If not still hold on to them and let me know. I have a contact for this and I will talk to him if the fresh batteries don't do the trick. Let me know.
Haven't sent it in yet, will talk to you @ work about it. Thanks
I don't know if its just for the electrical parts, but our tech said the packs carry a 7 year warranty?

We use the 4.5 as well

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service