With all the different churches, do you believe that there should be prayer before your Company Meetings get started. Think before you answer, because you have firefighters that do not believe in God. You have others that our jewish and only use the New Testament I believe it is. So do you believe that there should be prayer before the start of a Company Meeting.

Views: 1024

Replies to This Discussion

I believe that we should have a prayer befor a meeting because we all need prayer
hello Sir
my name is valerie crawford with the jefferson city fire departemt. My husband is in the hosptail for the 3rd time with in 2 weeks the doctor want to go back and look and my husband heart he just had a heart attack last Sat and i do not know what to do? i just email my pastor at the fire station, I hope to see him at the station i have been going to the fire station to get my mind off my husband and it is hard but i can not stay at the house in the day with out him Thank you very much.

Valerie Crawford
JCFD
You ar in our prayers let us know if you need anything.One of the things that i've learned is there is no comfort except from Jesus
Since I am not one of your friends and your page is private, I can not reply directly to you. Just want you to know that I will add you and your husband to my prayer list. There is no one thing more powerful than prayer. I know you can get through this. May God bless you and your husband in this time of need. Lloyd
We pray before every board and station meeting in our district. Then we say the pledge of allegience to our US flag. We also pray before our water shuttles and major training sessions. I don't think we thought about whether it offended anyone. I guess we thought they were free to not participate. It's just what is done here. It also happens before school board meetings and police jury meetings.
I do. God needs to be the center of the firehouse home as well as in our personal homes and lives.
Yes we need to God is to be first in all that we do
Yes we should begin in prayer. Even if someone doesnt believe, our prayers may be an influence and a seed of Gods love planted that could change a life forever.
In my Department, we pray before department meetings. I guess it is a sort of generic but it is a prayer. The prayer is usually led by our Catholic Chaplain. I am not catholic, but I respect this man. Our protestant chapain is not very active. Infact I have only met him once. We are supposed to get a protestant chaplain soon and he has siad he wants to be active. I hope.

I myself do think we should have prayer. And I agree with some of the other posts in this discussion that we shouldn't worry about other faiths or non believers when we pray. We should pray and pray often. We should have complete faith in our beliefs and God. If not what is the point.

We have a watered down faith in this country because of political correctness. Well I say everybody dry up a bit. If you really can't put your faith in the Lord at the top of the list, you need to re-examine it. I know I have been re-examining mine lately, and while I still believe it to be right, I realize I need to do more about sharing that fact. I need to shout about it and not worry about what others will think. And if it means praying more, then so be it. Share your faith, you never know what you will learn, even about yourself.
Being Muslim, we pray at least 5 times a day and everything we do is based in worship of the Creator of the Universe and all it contains. If there was prayer in the morning at the firehouse, from what religious standpoint would the prayer be based? In Islam, prayer is a personal conversation between you and the Creator. Would I be allowed to pray as we(Muslims) pray?
I don't see why not.I believe if you look at american history many "official" meetings began with prayer.
I'm very thankful to serve at a firestation that pledges allegiance to the flag and prays before each meeting. Perhaps, we should pose this question when we have dangerous life threatening situations or fire rolling around us!

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service