This is one of my more off the wall posts but last week I was camping just outside of Bishop, CA, USA and took this photograph of the sunset above the Sierra Nevada mountains. For those not familiar with this region, it contains Mt. Whitney which towers over 14,000 feet and is the highest place in the continental USA.

I have never witnessed clouds to have this coloring ever, and I have been doing photography and landscape water colors for decades now. Have you ever seen a sunset with these colors before? The clouds look as if they are on fire. Thought I'd share this experience and see if this was rare event.

TCSS, Mike Schlags

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mike,

You SoCal people and your mind-alterning drugs... :-)

Awesome shot.

I can't say I've ever seen a sunset like it.

Ben
Beautiful picture!! I have seen clouds like that but they usually have a purplish glow to them not orange. Mother nature shows us some amazing sights. The clouds look so thick & heavy, as if they could drip fire @ any moment. Thank you for sharing your photo.
of course a picture can't even come close to what you actually see but still, this was awesome... ms
That is awesome.
That is really cool it looks like a cotton fire.
Awsome Picture! Thanks for sharing!
Thats a really great picture, I have never seen anything like that. Thanks
What an awesome pic Mike, thanks for sharing it:)
Awesome picture. That is one beautiful sunset. Thanks
hey cap , how are you today , great pic , let me tell you something , peolpe says , that there it`s no city in the world whit the best sunset like Tucson Az , almost every day you can watch this amazing view , b safe captain .
pd.
sorry for my english
Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service