What are all of your's favorite quote?

mine is
Bravery is not the absence of fear, it is mearly the realization that there is something more important.

I have it in written in calligraphy on the inside of my helmet.

Views: 1390

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you'd be so kind as to click on my webpage you shall see:
"While the wicked stand confounded, call me with the Saints surrounded." in gaelic.

The best way I can describe what this means is actually another quote from someone else. I'm so brilliant huh.
"This is addressed to God. When the end of the world is here and those who are judged to be wicked are punished, please put me with the blessed/righteous."

I found out later that in the movie "Boondock Saints," in the famous rope/armory scene you'll see the irish flag with this quote written above it. I picked it as my favorite quote first though. Copycats.

Also:
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." - The Usual Suspects
"It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip 'em the bird. " - u/k
"My sons think it's a fireman's pole, but I forgot to cut a hole through the ground into the kitchen." - Pamela Anderson
Courage is fear holding on a minute longer
Do you watch "the girls next door"???? You should LOL, there is an episode where Pam Anderson celebrates Hef's 82 birthday by bringing him a cake naked. That girl still has it for sure!!!!!!
I'm not sure this fits here but I like the saying
"Pain lets you know you are still alive"
Since I usually stay more to the comedic side, I always liked "air goes in and out, blood goes round and round, any deviation from that is bad" more for new students, but works for any situation. lol!.
YOU CAN'T SAY YOU MADE A GOOD STOP IN THE PAPER, WHEN MUTUAL AID BEAT YOU IN AND PUT OUT THE FIRE... LOL
Never do anything u wouldnt want to explain to the paramedics
This is by a man I admire, RFK . Google RFK Quotes and you will see what I mean.

Few men are willing to brave the disapproval of their fellows, the censure of their colleagues, the wrath of their society. Moral courage is a rarer commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence. Yet it is the one essential, vital quality of those who seek to change a world which yields most painfully to change.
As we say in emergency dispatch. " There's no such thing as a rekindle. You just didn't put it out in the first place"
I like that one, knock it down first and you won't have a rekindle, Very Good One
When we clear the scene. I tell my men "Let's go to the barn."
I always liked the one...."You can always tell a Firefighter......You just can't tell him much..." Or an addage...."Always expect what you least expect the most....especially when you don't expect it...." Stay safe all and always remember to keep the faith......Paul

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service