So my department has had these new Scott air-packs with 4500 psi bottles for about a year now. I really havnt found a thing that I dont like about them. Before them, we had some old MSA's with the elephant trunk; so it was quite an improvement. I'm just curious as to what everyone else is using out there and what they do or do not like about them

Views: 1183

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We exclusively use the Scott 4.5's...Had them refitted with the EBSS (Buddy Breathing System) and the RIT connector....every Pack has an escape rope attached to the harness.....We like what we have and train quite a bit with them....I believe out of our 36 members 25 are air pack certified......We also have mask fitting annually and have an annual physical to include ekg's and PFT's.....For a Vollie unit I am very proud of the standard we maintain.....Paul
wow, I remember those and so does my back Brian...............LOL
My department uses Survivair Panther's. Carbon fiber 4500 bottles with integrated PASS device and buddy breather, the mask has heads-up display and voice amplifier. I love them, after a while you forget you even have them on. My only complaint is the pass device is very sensitive and also goes crazy if exposed to high heat for too long, our neighboring department has the same brand and has the same problem. However, it is a major improvment over the SCOTT steel packs from the 70's and 80's along with the yellow personal PASS's we have in reserve.
Scott 4500 psi/60 minute SCBA's. A bit heavier than others, but I'll trade the added wieght for the extra time on the bottle.
we also use the scott's. I love the HUD. It looks cool and it only takes a little moving of your eyes to see how low your air is. You also always have your hands on the hose. Our are equipped with a quick fill system so all we have to do is walk up to the rescue(has on board cascade system), plug in and fill.
My department uses the same packs and I love them I just wish that the speaker mike on the mask was located some where else that way you can actually hear someone speaking to you
We use MSA's and I Love them. They have the "fast track" device in the face mask so goning on air is quick and easy.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service